Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S4HANA Public Cloud: Development tools for Developer extensibility

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As we know that for Side-by-side extensibility we use BTP for extension development.

just wanted to know what tools do we use to develop on stack(Developer Extensibility).

Can we use Eclipse ADT to connect to S4 HANA cloud developer tenant ? I see two options, using Service key and Cloud Foundry environment but looks like these options are for connecting to BTP ABAP environment.

Regards,

Jitendra

DirkScheller
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Jitendra,

You are right in S/4HANA you have to use ADT to access the development tenant in the S/4HANA 3SL landscape. Within ADT you have to select "File -> New -> ABAP Cloud Project". Then a wizard should open with two options:

* SAP S/4HANA Cloud ABAP Enviroment
* SAP BTP ABAP Enviroment
You have to select the first option (SAP S/4HANA Cloud ABAP Enviroment) and enter the URL of the development tenant. Then you will get an ADT project where you can create and update your own developer extensibility content.

Best regards,
Dirk

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for your comments.

Looks like first option(SAP S/4HANA Cloud ABAP Enviroment) is not available my eclipse. I have added screen shot in the comments.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Just downloaded the latest version of Eclipse and it resolved this issue. Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OlgaDolinskaja
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Jitendra,

the ABAP development tools in Eclipse (ADT) is the only tool to use for on-stack development in the SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud. You just create an ABAP Cloud project and choose to connect to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud ABAP environment tenant in your SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud development system. See also the SAP Help Documentation Connect to the ABAP System.

Kind Regards,

Olga.

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Olga,

Thanks for your answer.

However there is no option "SAP S/4HANA Cloud ABAP environment" in eclipse. Please find attached screen shot of the same.

Could you please suggest from which version of eclipse it is available ? Version of eclipse in my machine is:

Version: 2022-03 (4.23.0)

Build id: 20220310-1457eclipse.jpg

Zhehui_Xia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Maybe you can refer this link: Install ABAP Development Tools (ADT) and abapGit Plugin | Tutorials for SAP Developers

After you finish all steps mentioned in the link, add the following entry to the end of the file eclipse.ini (in Eclipse installation directory).

-
Dcom.sap.adt.tools.cloud.authentication.ui.cloud.pilot.project=true

Then try again to check if you can see two options as the picture below.

If you still have problems, please tell me.

Best Regards,

Zhehui