cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD Basic client set up for services

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Needless to say, but I started my journey with SAP, hence seeking some assistance. Please could anyone provide me with some tips or advice on how to set up a new Client/Company Code with respect to services delivered via email.

The idea is that the project company seeks services/advice provided via email/telephone, it seems there would be at least 3 or 4 sales organizations. I understand I need to set up the client/company code, sales organization, divisions along with serivces, pricing, contracts. However, the instructions I hold mainly concentrate on materials delivered via shipping points and chains of distribution, that is why I am a bit confused on how to proceed.

Many thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it seems there would be at least 3 or 4 sales organizations
fee specifics which will be distributed by 2-3 sales organizations

Not sure, based on what business process, you concluded as above. Hope, you should be knowing from SD organizational Structure point of view, Sales Organization is the highest unit responsible for sale and will be considered as a legal entity.

Having said that, not sure, how the Organization Structure from other areas like FI & MM is considered at your end.

From your brief post, I believe, one Company Code is enough with one Sales Org. You can distinguish the services provided via email / telephone as Distribution Channel.

Some services will have to be delivered monthly, other yearly.

Your item category configuration should be Order related billing with Periodic Billing Plan for monthly and yearly

0 Kudos

Many thanks for your feeback, so I set up the client along with the company code.

Seems I am stuck at the MM01 while trying to set up the services, here are my basic data for set up:

Industry sector: 3 Service Provider

Material Type: DIEN service

I choose the view tabs:

Basic maesure of unit is: H

I am stuck at sales org.2. I am not sure what categories to use here and why. Please note this is an educational version of the system.

Will be grateful for some assistance.

Besrt regards,

Piotr