cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving first line of custom infotype longtext

BryanPierce
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am looking to replicate a standard functionality found in OM infotype 1002 (Description) that saves the first line of the long text in a separate table that is then available in logical database reporting. The behind the scenes logic that runs 1002 is that table HRP1002 is linked to HRT1002 via the TABNR field which indicates the key for the long text in the cluster tables. HRT1002 also stores the first line of the long text. I have also done some development that mimics the longtext behavior by saving it in the cluster table as well. This works fine. Except, there is no additional table (think HRT1002) that also allows saving the first line. The usefulness of this is that the single line is then reportable via ABAP Query whereas without this table there is no reporting ability out-of-the-box. I really don't want to have to put code in the infoset that could probably do this. I've done a good amount of searching and found nothing that relates to how to accomplish this so my current assumption is that it is not possible to configure a custom infotype to have this additional text table (like HRT1002). I understand that there is the standard 'Maintain Texts' option but this is not desired for our requirement. My infotype is in PA but I don't think that matters. I was also wondering that maybe this option could be enabled via using subtypes - which I am not currently doing. Again, I've found nothing to support that idea. I'm hesitant to call the search off without a definitive answer to yes/no for this being possible. Anyone have experience with doing this?

View Entire Topic
ArthurParisius
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have an answer specifically but have you tried looking at infotype 0019. I know you can also add a text in that infotype, I'm just not sure if can be used via ABAP Query. (ABAP query isn't used on the system I'm working on so no setup is done for it)