cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare Parts search with visual image

steve1972
Discoverer

Hi,

We are exploring how we can simplify searching for spare parts with an image, there are thousands of spare part codes and many of them have slight variations which make it difficult for technicians to find in standard reports such as MM60 or in th equipment BoM's.

Is there a solution that will list spare parts details and an image of each part for the technicians to visually identify the exact part required? Doesn't necessarily need to be interactive, just a simple image for each part from a list report.

Thanks

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen ,

My understanding is your using an OnPremise system or is it S/4HANA Cloud ?

Best Regards

Enda

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen,

My view...I think you precisely need Generative AI to fulfill your requirement...but having said that, you must need a 100% precise data to train your model or else your technician will get inappropriate material for the image that he has chosen, also you must assign the image in your material master. It costs a lot and not at all easy-peasy thing.

I would recommend you to standardize the material short text and long text and with a simple ZREPORT you could certainly fulfill your need rather than looking for a high investment approach - It`s one time Job and there onwards users can follow the same format for new materials.

Regards,

Pardha Reddy.C

View Entire Topic
steve1972
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Enda,

We are moving to S4HANA cloud so looking to see if there is a solution available for this requirement.

Thanks

Steve