Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting (BMY) in S4 Public Cloud

Janarthanan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have doubt in the subcontracting scenario, Why we have to do the outbound delivery before post goods issue. Is it mandatory process we have to do (or) I can skip outbound delivery and do the post goods issue to vendor?

Regards

Janarthanan

GeovanaLettnin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear janarthanan_iss,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if the answer provided was not helpful enough and you have further questions.

Best regards,

Geovana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MariusSiegel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Janarthanan,

please have a look at the process flow and test script of scope item BMY in the Process Navigator.

There are two options:

Option 1: Create an Outbound Delivery and PGI for the Outbound Delivery

Option 2: Transfer Posting

The second option can also be used from the Subcontracting Monitor by using the 'Post Goods Issue' button, without creating the outbound delivery in advance.

This would generate a transfer posting directly from your own stock to the subcontracting stock of your supplier with movement type 541.

The task tutorial only focuses on option 1.

Best regards,

Marius

valentin_disch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are currently also testing this scenario in S4 Hana Public Cloud. The issue we have is that when performing the transfer posting it want to sent the material SG23 to the subcontractor. From my understanding and according to the test script the system should sent the raw material RM13/RM14 to the subcontractor, correct? The information is taken from the PO but from my process understanding it should sent out RMs and receive SGs. Do you know whether this is an configuration issue?

Thank you for your help and BR

Valentin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vaibhav-Mishra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello janarthanan_iss,

• The outbound delivery is used to representing the goods to be delivered together to a receiver (vendor).
  • It could be possible that you have 10 items in sub-contracting purchase order but you are sending these items in two parts or you want to merge two sub-contracting orders in one delivery becasue it has to be send to same vendor.
  • Once the package (outbound delivery) is ready with all materials, goods issue can be posted.
  • In real time such things happen in business when we send material to supplier in packages (deliveries), therefore you should recommend the outbound delivery to your client.

Vaibhav