cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validations in OB28 to display message in FB08 and FBRA?

Former Member

Hi,

I need to put a Validation such that transactions FB08 and FBRA should not execute if Document Type (BKPF-BLART) is 'P0'. I wrote the below validation at Line item level in OB28 but it is not working. Would appreciate if someone can tell me where i am going wrong.

-

Prerequiste:

SYST-TCODE = 'FB08' OR SYST-TCODE = 'FBRA'

Check:

BKPF-BLART (is not equal to) 'P0'

Error: Cannot reverse document type 'P0'

-

Many Thanks,

Deepak

Edited by: deepaksahu86 on Mar 15, 2011 5:42 AM

palaksap
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi,

the scenarion is :-

a) is not to allow system to reverse any documents which are posted with doc. type P0 (or) R1

can anyone plz suggest how to put validition what ae the steps

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hello, While we're happy that you've come to SAP Community to get an answer to your question, you posted your question as an answer in an old thread.
I've converted your answer to a comment, but even so -- posting in older threads is not the best way to get guidance.
If you're looking for help, you should ask a new question: https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html.
Here are some tips to help you craft an effective question for our community: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/welcome-corner-discussions/advice-from-sap-champions-questions-a....
I encourage you to follow this guidance, as I'd really like to see you get a solution to your problem.
I hope you find this advice useful!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think the problem lies in check statement. as the validation works when i change the check to

SYST-UNAME (is not equal to) 'My username'

Also,please keep in mind that Message is displayed only when pre-requiste is true and check is false.

Kash: The scenario is not to allow system to reverse any documents which are posted with doc. type P0.

Sanil K Bhandari: can you please elaborate, i checked the view VWTYGB01 in SM30 and Boolean Class 9 only has only one BKPF entry, and in that one field is '*'. What does this mean?

Alex ice: Can you please elaborate where do i use the BTE in OB28?

Many Thanks!

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

About BTE it's better to read some docs, there are a lot of them.

In a few word, there are Processes(you can see them in tcode FIBF), . You can assign to them function,which will run during this process.

So you can create function Z which validate or substitute some fields and assign to process eg 00001140-Reset Clearing.And while FBRA this function will trigger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When validation check is performed, it will not perforfm any checks against the original doc. type but will check for the reversal (or rather current) doc. type which is involved in this reversal document. If this is different than P0, your check will not be effective.

Hence before testing your validation rule, ensure that the reversal document type for doc. type P0 is the same (i.e. P0) in OBA7.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepaksahu86,

I have the same problem, can you help me solve?

Thanks!

Vanina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is to stop the system from posting the document if the type is 'PO'..

so the validation should be :

Preq : Tcode is FB08 or FBRA

Check: if the doc type (IS EQUAL TO) PO

Msg: This document type cannot be posted.

Regards,

Sarvani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, write validation for at document header level.

For fbra use BTE 00001040,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per me, the validation is correct and shoudl work well, but it depends on the scnenario you are testing:

Can you please clarify whether your requirement :

a) is not to allow system to reverse any documents which are posted with doc. type P0 (or)

b) is not to allow system to post any reversal documents with doc type P0.

Also please clarify what scenario you are trying to test.

Regards

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Check

1. IN T Code SM30, in View VWTYGB01, BKPF-BLART is allowed for Boolean Class 9

2. Have u picked the correct Boolean Symbol

Regards

Sanil