Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to mass change in material master in 023 class

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In our company we are following batch class 023 and this class is assigned in material master. In this class we have a characteristics "Source" for which we maintain a value in material master. Near About 10000 materials are assigned with this values. Now I want tio remove this valuse from material master for all. In MM17 mass change in material this is not allowed.

Please help me so that I can remove the values from materials master mass and at a time.

Thanks & Regards

Nirmal

View Entire Topic
tomas_talpa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nirmal,

you want to remove each and every valuation of this characteristics? Then simply delete the characteristics from the class -- during the deletion all the characteristics valuation will be removed as well (it can just take some time); if you then assign the characteristics to the class again, no value will be assigned there, the characteristic will be empty.

If you need specific selection of materials of assigned values, you can use transaction CLMM "Mass Change for Assigned Values" (but that might require some more effort, since in needs 1st specification of the Targed Objects, i.e. materials you want to change, and 2nd specification of characteristics Old Values, where the star "*" wildcard character does not work).

Kind Regards

TomT