Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SARA

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I leave it to moderator to decide if this thread belongs to EAM or any other space, but I have a question in archiving some Equipment Codes (using PM_EQUI) through SARA transaction.

In production system, In "Write" step, I was going to maintain the variants for deletion program, the system is creating a workbench request for this.

Is it necessary to create this workbench request or is it possible that I can maintain the deletion variant without triggering a Workbench Request?

Need to know this ASAP as I have already started the process of Equipment deletion.

Your feedabcks are really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chin2.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I dont think  Workbench request is required. I tried in my system to create a deletion variant. it did not ask for a request.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check this thread.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1413282

Regards,

AMol

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol Khairnar

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

Can you please guide me with all the steps you followed (just the steps would suffice not need for screenshot).

That would be of real help.

I might be doing some mistakes in my steps.

Also, would request you to please send me the screenshot of the path (Customizing --> Archiving Object-Specific Customizing --> Technical Settings --> ) in "Write" step just to assure whether is it already maintained in your case.

Thanks once again for your kind support.

Regards,

Chin2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chintan,

I followed same steps which are mention in above thread. Using SARA will call these programs only.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1413282

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I checked in my system. You need to have a work bench request. I dont think you can do with out that.

Regards

Terence

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria Terence

As it is creating a workbench request can i create the same in development and move it to production system?

Also, I think it is one time activity, is it?

Thanks once again for your response.

Regards,

Chin2.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Yes, you need to move from Dev.

May be its a one time activity now, but by doing this, the changes will be in PRD, so later this can be used rite. (Futuristic)

Regards

Terence

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria Terence

I tried moving the settings to production, in quality, it is working like charm but in production, I am still getting the error.

Is there anything I am missing here?

Sending the screenshot:

Stucked like hell....

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Chin2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Meanwhile could you please try with steps form thread i mentioned in earlier replies

1. The delete flag should be set for the Equipment.

2. Run program RIARCEQV via SE38 transaction and enter in the Equipment.

3. Then execute program RIARCEQA via SE38 transaction, which will create a file.

4. Execute program RIARCEQD, and select the session from above step 2, after executing which will delete the Equipment.

Regards,

Amol

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol Khairnar

Tried it but it also goes to the same transaction actually (means it also gives the same error).

I tried it at first place and then I went to SARA.

Thanks mate. but still stucked at error.

Regards,

Chin2.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

That's strange. We have not used SARA, but delete the data completely.

Do you want to view the archive equipment or you want to delete the data from the system ?

If you want to delete completely. Refer below link, same as what Amol has added up.

How to Delete The PM Data Completely

What is the error when you follow these steps ?

Regards

Terence

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

It goes with the same screen, but will not ask for the variant

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is really strange. I could see your customizing screen shot. So just wanted to confirm on thing in second step of deletion ( Program RIARCEQA) after selecting production mode, have you uncheked " Delete with test variant". It is mandatory if Settings for Delete Program you have checked the option Start Automatically.

Regards,

Amol

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria Terence

"Write" step has been successfully completed in SARA.

Now, the only question I have is, do I need to execute the "Delete" step too?

Because I cannot see the Equipment code anymore (it is deleted by "write" step).

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Chin2.

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Last and Final Question, One session ran completely ok but in the second session, the job is getting cancelled.

Please help.

I am stucked.

Regards,

Chin2.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Have you tried executing the programs mentioned in the earlier thread.

I am able to execute and successfully delete the records

Regards

Terence

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria Terence

I have tried the programs you people have mentioned but in program RIARCEQA, I am getting the below error:

Following an error, an operation was carried out on a handle

Message No. BA235

Diagnosis

An function module from the Archive Development Kit (ADK) was called after an error had occurred in a previous call. Consequently, the processing by ADK was terminated.

Procedure

If the current program is an SAP program, contact SAP with precise details of the error. If the current program is a customer program, you should adjust the program to avoid this error.

I have searched the forum but no solution for this error and hence I shifted back to
SARA but that too in vein.

Can you please explain me about this error.

Thanks once again.

Chin2.

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maria Terence  &   Amol Khairnar

Sorry for the incovinience, actually, I was doing a mistake in File assignment in transaction FILE.

Equipment deletion is completed with lots and lots of your help.

Thank you buddies...

Regards,

Chin2.