cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation between windows user profile and SBO addon?

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Hi, I have an issue regarding addon..
Some of my users experienced that they cannot use some part of addon function
(some part means - user can open the addon and search items, but when they try to open the item master from the addon screen the master does not open).
Whenever it happens we delete the roaming user profile then the issue solved.
However, we do not know why and how it worked.
Does anybody know what this is?

Best regards,
Hyunsun Park

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member610331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Park Hyonson,

I am glad to hear you have a tactical solution at hand, i.e. delete roaming user profile. Please contact SAP Support or your local IT Service partner to investigate root cause and permanent solution to your problem.

If you have no further question, kindly mark appropriate response as answer and close this thread. And, please do not forget to Upvote responses which helped you.

Thank you & Best Wishes,

Sam

former_member610331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Park Hyunsun,

Referring to your response:

...user has been using the addon. User accounts have appropriate access rights.

The situation is that user cannot use some part of addon function suddenly..

do you mean - user is able to use parts A, B, C of addon regularly but he cannot use parts A,B all of a sudden?

If this is what you mean, it could be an issue with Add-on itself, or it could be related to system resources available for SAP Business One and it`s database backend. For example, if any of system resources (cpu, memory, disk storage) become low at any time, it could directly affect operation of SAP Business One, backend database server and yes, Add-on too.

It`s recommended to test your Add-on and SAP Business One in a separate system environment (not Live environment).

Please keep us posted of developments at our end.

Good Luck and Best wishes,

Sam

0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your advice.

>The situation is that user cannot use some part of addon function suddenly..
>
do you mean - user is able to use parts A, B, C of addon regularly but he cannot use parts A,B all of a sudden?

Yes, your understanding is correct. This cannot be produced again so I will check system resources when the same error happens.

I have my doubts that this can be an Add-On problem. Because we don't face the same problem while we checked with other Citrix Id. Or can the lack of server resources affect to only part of users? (usually we receive an issue from one user at a time).
I would like to know why deleting the user profile can solve this problem..

Thanks & Regards,
Hyunsun

former_member610331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Park Hyunsun,

You may wish to refer to Add-on Authorization within SAP Business One, and assess whether user accounts have appropriate access rights.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos

Dear Sam B,

Thank you for your comment.

We didn't change user authorization setting, and user has been using the addon. User accounts have appropriate access rights.
The situation is that user cannot use some part of addon function suddenly..

Regards,
Hyunsun