cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding component values in a production order

qq11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, dear experts of the SAP PP module. I need your help. I need to perform automatic rounding of component values when creating a production order. for example, as a component is bags. When creating an order for example for a quantity of 100 I have a fractional value for a bag. I need to round this value to a whole number, because there is no 2,8 bags. Also this is only needed for bags, that is to specific material master. What are some ways to do this automatically? I have already used the rounding profile in MRP1, this did not help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DerekDing
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Firstly, you should consider to change the UoM configuration in background configuration.

Transaction is CUNI, remove the Decimal Rounding, just keep this filed as 0, because there is no decimal in your actual business for this UoM.

DerekDing_0-1714356601124.png

Secondly, in your business, maybe 5 finished products should use 1 bag (Component),and for the other component Qty : the finished product Qty is 1:1.

As the requirement, we can change the BOM "Base quantity" into 5.

DerekDing_1-1714357388514.png

And set the quantity of bag = 1, and the other components Qty = 5.

DerekDing_2-1714357531519.png

I hope it can solve your problem, thank you.

qq11
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello, sir! Either I didn't quite understand how it works or can you still tell a little more in detail. Also I would like to say that I have bags measured in pieces and I can't change the Unit of Measure "Pieces" as I have other products and components with Unit of Measure "Pieces"