Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4HANA SelfService Procurement - follow-on documents

klaus_wegener2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I question regarding S/4 SSP (Self-Service Procurement). If a user uses the FIORI app "Employee Self Service", the user could create freetext or catalog based requisitions.

If the document is saved, my S/4 system creates a "purchase requisition".

As S/4 SSP should replace in most functionality SAP SRM (when not Ariba used), I'm expecting, that I could
influence the type of created follow-on document.

In SAP SRM you can customize and code by user-exit the type of relevant SRM shopping cart follow-on document:

* Purchase requisition
* Purchase order
* Reservation

Question: Is it possible in S/4 1909 on-premise to configure/customize the type of follow-on document OR

is S/4 in standard always creating a real "Banf" / BUS2105 "Purchase requisition" ?

I could not belive that, because the purchasing department does not like to handle purchase requisitions,
if the content of the PR is full qualified by catalog material...

If there is a configuration area to determine the follow-on document type, please give a tip, where this could be find (in IMG).

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

martin_plewnia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus & all,

I am using the 1st version of 2021 update on-premise and I have to admit that in my system the reservation works in SSP with the standard customizing of movement type / checking group and material group / purchasing group as mentioned by Javier above. But only if there is enough stock according to the availability checking group. If you have nothing on stock, system will always keep PR.

It is especially nice with an internal catalog with material reference.

What I disliked is that I could not make reservations work for an entire material group (purchasing group empty).

Actually I am looking for a solution to another requirements: 2 clients require that for their MRP managed stock articles, a reservation is created ALWAYS, and never a PR.

Does anybody know a solution to this?

Regards

Martin

javier_castells7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

I did all the configuration in our S4 On-Premise System but this solution is not working yet. So this is my concern if this proposal solution only works for On-Cloud and not on-Premise. I have to rise a ticket to SAP in our OSS and see if I can have any clue from SAP.

Configuration is already in On-Premise so it should works.

I will update the post with the results.

Thanks and regards,

Javier

0 Kudos

Hi Javier

Did you find any solutions?

/Jakob

javier_castells7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

thanks for your prompt answer. My worry is that on-premise the configuration points are also there like in Cloud but in IMG as below. Help description in the IMG explain that Reservation can be created as follow-on from PR.

I did the configuration but this is not really doing nothing. I just wanted to confirm if this functionality is already in place as all the information I have read just indicate that this is available only for Cloud.

IMG on-premise:

Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Requisition -> Reservation -> Define settings of creating reservation

Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Requisition -> Reservation -> Define material group and purchasing group for reservation.

Thanks for your help and regards,

Javier

Al5br
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Javier

Did you find a solution in S/4HANA OnPrem?

Thanks and best regards

Alain

javier_castells7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin and Klaus,

we have the same request from our customer and SSP has this configuration for On-Premise.

Please, could you let us know if finally this scenario is working or not for on-premise?

Thanks and regards,

Javier

0 Kudos

Hi Javier, I don't know the latest S/4 SSP stack (2020). But as I know a potential configuration of follow-on document types you have only in S/4HANA cloud.

kevin_rymenants
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Klaus,

You could maintain this by following:

Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Requisition -> Reservation -> Define settings of creating reservation

Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Requisition -> Reservation -> Define material group and purchasing group for reservation.

Unfortunately I did not get this working.

If anyone has succeeded please reply.

Best regards,

Kevin