cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order approver - can also create Sales Orders?

briggsalan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Morning. Big problem we didn't realise was still a problem, due to a lack of testing to be honest.

As per Approval Workflows for Sales Documents we have a Business Role that only includes the minimum catalogues required to allow SO approvals to our senior project managers. The approval of SO's is critical to their job.

However, with this role, they can also create Sales Orders, and ammend existing Sales Orders via the relevant Fiori Apps (Manage Sales Order). This cannot be by design, can it? They should be able to see what they need, Approve the SO, but not create and amend any SO's.

Is this something I can restrict somehow please? Any suggestions really appreciated.

The Business Catalogs I have in the role are the minimum to allow the approval, that is...

SAP_CMD_BC_BP_DISP_PC, SAP_CMD_BC_CUSTOMER_DSP_PC, SAP_CMD_BC_SUPPLIER_DSP_PC, SAP_FIN_BC_DSPL_ACDOC_PC, SAP_SD_BC_BIL_DOC_DISPL_PC, SAP_SD_BC_DMR_CMR_DISPL_PC, SAP_SD_BC_MYINBOX_PC

THanks, Alan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rgu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Alan,

So far as per the product design approver can also be allowed to change/ create sales orders. This is also a valid scenario in certain customers. For example a team manager who can be an approver would be allowed to create orders for certain types, which needs to be approved further up or even can be made as approval not relevant based in the implementation done in the BAdI which returns the approval reason.

We would address internally to check if we could offer feature that approvers can ONLY approve or reject, but not change or create. Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Gururaj Raman

Daiana_Feiten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days. You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Daiana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SBach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello, found a similar thread. Isn´t this the same question?

briggsalan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Apologies as it was a long time ago I thought I'd raise another thread. Same end goal. We also had consultants looking at this for us at the time so I didn't follow up on that older thread - sorry 😞 I don't really understand what the last update in that old thread means to be honest, you cannot copy a catalogue? Or can you? I only know SAP S4/Hana Cloud as of 2021, so I don't understand the concept of old and new roles either.

SBach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello, I am not an expert in that area. A colleague points me to a course ADM940 regarding authorizations that should help. There is also a Fiori App: "Mantain Business Roles" to configure access.

Neeraj_Jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello briggsalan,

Please refer below SAP thread. Hope it's clarifies your query.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/11610825/approve-sales-order---sap-fiorii.html

Regards,

Neeraj Jain

briggsalan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you. From 2015 though, is this still relevant? I will take a look now.
EDIT - I don't really see anything in here to help me, thanks anyway.