cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ByDesign: automatic payment block for supplier invoice

Hi SAP community,

In SAP ByD, Work Center: Payables > Supplier Accounts > View > items details, there is a button "payment block"

I would like to block some invoices for payment depending on conditions, such as process type or max amount.

Is there a way to trigger this box automatically? (Business config, specific dev?)

For instance, all supplier invoice posted with total amount > 50k€ should be blocked for payment, waiting for an internal validation. The Cost Center manager will have to unblock it for payment.

Today in SAP, there is a approval process for supplier invoice posting, but it does not fit my need.
Actually the invoices are always posted in accounting but not always paid (dispute..).

Could you please share me your good practices / piece of advice to implement a Supplier invoice payment approval process?

Thank you in advance,
Clément Polizzi

0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

I just created an improvement request in Customer Influence:
https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/310907
Please, vote to achive it.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Hi Solène,

Indeed there is the possible to Implement an Analytical Action in the Report Agingg List for Payables - field Receivables Payables Split Item to Reset / create payment block:

This action tick / untick the payment block in the open item.

So far, we did a specific program which is executed while saving the invoice. The program checks the amount and if it is > 40k€, it ticks the "Payment block" on the invoice.

Then the report should be sent via a Broacast to all Cost Center Managers with their invoice to be unblock.
They can open the SAP report in the email and do the Analytical Actions.

We did not implement this solution yet because we are currently reviewing the full Supplier invoice process

Best Regards,

Clément

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor

Hello,

May be the approval for Payment could be evaluated.

Meaning, instead of blocking the payment for the supplier, user would be able to create the payment and release them but they need approval from the department before they can be posted in accounting. this would also work in case of payment run.

Another option would be to check the possibility of the Analytical Actions and Reports. ( not fully manual) but you can have the report where you can identify the invoice to block for the payment and apply payment block directly from report.

Regards,

Harshal

solene_roques
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Clément,

Did you moved forward with this requirment ? We are facing a similar situation here

Thanks for your feedback,

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your answer.

I also checked this lead but our developper team answered it is not possible to tick this box (or trigger this action) via a PDI.
So I am wondering if there is another way to tick the "Block payment" box at item level.

You confirm there is no way to set a threshold at supplier level?

Clément Polizzi

Hi Clément,

No, unfortunately nothing that rings a bell at the moment for supplier master data.

Is there a technical reason preventing this approach via PDI? With the actions PSM enabled, I'd expect that to be accessible via Studio.

Maybe an approval process for payments would help?

Regards,

Alexandre.

0 Kudos

Hi Clément,

As far as I know, there is no such logic to set an open item as blocked in the customer/supplier account monitor based on a certain pre-defined condition. However, the payment block/un-block actions are PSM released. You could evaluate the feasibility of creating a custom PDI solution to tackle this need.

The actions are available as follows:

BO path: TradeReceivablesPayablesRegister -> Root -> Item -> ItemSplitItem

In this ItemSplitItem node, check the available actions "CreatePaymentBlock" and "ResetPaymentBlock". Both actions are PSM released.

Regards,

Alexandre.

0 Kudos

Hi CA Chandresh Jain,

Thanks for your answer and suggestion.

If I choose this solution, the invoice will not be technically blocked so it can be included, by mistake, in a payment run.

Moreover, as the accountant posts the supplier invoice, but the cost center manager is the approver, I would like an easy way to check which invoice is blocked/not blocked and who is the approver.

Clément

CHANDRESHJAIN
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Greetings of the day

Hope this is helpful

Simple method is mention the condition in External Reference.

Regards

CA Chandresh Jain