cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQP AssetManager Sync performance

oliver_kaluscha3
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an issue with sync performance on the client while using Asset Manager in different Versions. Well, it is not that bad, but I wonder if I could speed it up with a little tweak. Unfortunately I am not able to find the relevant information in the documentation I am looking at.

If we sync, there is the openSync Request and after that all items will be triggered that belong to the offline store. Most of them have a delta handler included, so there is no data selected nor send to the client.

While I was doing Cordova development, I have been able to put items in 2 different stores. In store 1 I had all items that I should sync every time like orders and notifications. In store 2 I had all items like masterdata, Catalogs etc., just data that I only need to sync once a week. In WorkManager there was a similar thing, so we could configure to get some objects only weekly.

How could I archive a similar thing in AssetManager? Setting the synctime to 1440min should help to ask for these items only once a day, but still the item is part of the sync procedure and even it only needs less than a second to process, in total I spend aprox 20 to 30 seconds asking for items that do not really send some answers.

So simply Question: Can I have items in OfflineStore of AssetManager that are not part of every sync process and how can I archive this? Oldest Version that I have to use this would be 1911.....

Thanx,Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

In your Download action you can specify the list of defining requests to be downloaded. If no defining requests are listed then all defining requests will be downloaded. So for example if you only want to check and download new work order headers you can list MyWorkOrderHeaders as the only defining request in the download action. All the other defining requests will be skipped for this download action.

So essentially you will need to create multiple download actions with the different subsets you want to sync (and possibly a full sync one). Then decide how and when you want to use each of the different download actions from within your application.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oliver_kaluscha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx Bill, that helped a lot and was much easier than I expected 🙂