cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location stock getting considered in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Even though MRP Ind in OMIR is 1 and MRP4 setting is also 1 (exclude stock from MRP), in MD04 the stock for the storage location is getting considered.

Kindly help us to know if there is any other check.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Prasath
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Share the MRP 4 view screen shot and MD04 screen shot for better understanding.

If the stock lies on 1000 Sto location want exclude from MRP Run .You can create Storage location MRP area for 1000(Sto. loc.) as 1000E and assign in material master with MRP type as ND.

Prasath E

Prasath
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your system in HANA then OMIR config will not work. Sto,loc field will not available in MRP 4 view. To exclude the storage location in MRP you have create the MRP area in OMIZ assign in material master with ND.

Regards,

Prasath E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Our system is not HANA.

The last sentence of excluding the storage location, can you elaborate more?

I have case where in test case stock is excluded in MD04 and in live system, with same config, it is included.

Where can be the difference? Masterial master and OMIR settings are exactly the same.

Thanks.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you set the field 'SLoc MRP indicator' (MARD-DISKZ) to '1 Storage location stock excluded from MRP' in the MRP4 view of material master?

Then , the plant stock in this storage location is not considered as available stock during MRP.

However, Individual stock segments (like project stock and sales order stock) are separated from plant stock. So MRP cannot put together their quantities and plan them as a single stock. This has always been the standard behaviour. The excluded storage location is a stock segment and the WBS/sales order is a stock segment..

The project stock/sales order stock in this storage location is still considered as available stock during MRP.

Refer SAP KBA- 1935015 - Exclusion of storage locations from MRP doesn't work for project/sales order stock

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..I will elaborate more. The stock is not sales order stock. The note is not relevant.

For same material ..in testing when I put, both indicator (in MRP4, in OMIR) as 1, it excludes from MRP i.e. will not show in MD04 available stock.

For the same setting above, same material, in live system, it considers in MD04, which ideally it should not consider.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add 1 sentence. Masterial master and OMIR settings are exactly the same.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please share the screen shots of MD04 of both these system.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.jpg

Here is the screenshot of MD04. Now 64 is not considered since indicators in MRP4 and OMIR is 1.

With the same case, in live system, 64 is considered and added to 1 making 65 in total.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please share screen shot of live system MD04/MD05 where you have a issue?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

2.jpg

This is the current MD04 of live system.

But now 64 is moved to blocked stock..so it is moved out from available quantity.

Earlier as i said above, it was 65.

Thanks.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could not see any issue here, may be stock has been transfer to bock storage location after MRP run.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, currently there is no issue, as the stock is transferred to block stock (today itself).

But until yesterday, the stock was unrestricted and shown in MD04 total, even it has MRP Ind as 1.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ok, if no further query, please close the question.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if currently there is no issue (since the stock is moved to block), we would like to understand why it was before.

If we move stock from blocked to unres., it will consider in MD04 (with MRP Ind 1)

Raja_S_Reddy_B
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi
The settings mentioned above are seems OK, but to find the root cause, please share more details with the screen shots ( with the info provided in the above tag may not be sufficient, to conclude)
What is the stock position at each of the Storage locations maintained, current status of the Stocks & Requirements List & how you are arriving , as the system is considered the Stocks,,etc
Thanks for the kind understanding & feedback. Best Regards : Raja