Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking of spares materials used in maintenance

former_member221041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing energy savings projects and procurement of maintenance spares materials also,which will be used on different equipment in the plant.But my requirement is to how to differentiate the procurement & consumption of spares materials in the separate heads i.e.for regular maintenance & Energy savings projects because 90% of the materials are common to existing (machinery repair) spares as the valuation class & GL account will be same.

So please advice for separate MIS figures for both regular & energy savings procurement & consumption.

As we can not open different material codes & Valuation class for similar materials etc.

Regards

Rakesh Sehgal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rakesh.sehgal If you can't create new materials, there are some things you can try. Two of my ideas are terrible, but there's one that might work for you.

1) Manually change the GL every time that the material is issued - I've seen folks do this when they have a need similar to yours. It really is super time consuming and error prone ... overall it is a terrible practice

2) Use a user exit and apply some logic in your goods issues. If you're using different order types, use a user exit so that it populates the GL in the goods issues based on the order type. You might need to have a custom table or use BRF+ to store the values.

3) Store the materials in a storage location which belongs to a different plant. If your valuation is done at the plant level, you can configure automatic account determination for the new plant. Of course, a plant is one of the most fundamental structures in SAP, this has an impact on MRP, info records, automatic account determination and etc. I would not create a plant just for this.

Analyzing all of the pro's and con's - I'd go with option 2.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member226227
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

You can use seprate G/L for procurment of material. It can be done with customizing default value profile for procurment in setting of order type.

For stock material automatic G/L determination when reservatin created from PM order.

With this you can track same material number with direct procurment and issued from stock at seprate G/L one for prcurment & other for stock issue.

Santosh

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you will have to do something with the material(s), possibly via split valuation, different materials, etc.

PeteA

former_member221041
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dear Peter

Again this custom report will meet only reporting aspects on the basis of order type and all but in financial the consumption values will reflect in regular maintenance for common spares used in new order type,

As we are maintaining budget for regular repair and maintenance so we want separate consumption for new E savings.

Regards

Rakesh Se

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same materia number will be posted to different order types. So your customer-specific report can sum the dat by material number, G/L account and order type to give you the data you require.

former_member221041
Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

Thanks again for responding

Configuring new notification & order type for E saving project then issue/consume spares on this new PM order a custom report can be developed agreed but the spares materials consumed will reflect the values in machinery repair expenses GL account in my financials as already mentioned that existing common spares materials(linked with Valuation class in M.Master for repair GL account) then how to separate the consumption of common spares in new projects in FInancials.

Regards

Rakesh Sehgal

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rakesh Sehgal,

That is still possible with a customer-specific report.

The program could run like this:

1. Get material data
  2. Get maintenance order data
  3. Get FI data for maintenance orders above
  4. Display data

PeteA

former_member221041
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter,

I also consider Split valuation but its not feasible to convert all old material master(20K materials)data to create new material codes with split valuation active,

As you suggested custom report can be configured but we want consumption values in FI data as separate figures.

Regards

Rakesh Sehgal

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Have you investigated split valuation?

Alternatively, write a customer specific report that looks at the goods movememnts being posted to the different types of maintenance being performed e.g. regular maintenance, energy saving projects, etc. This could be the order type, or maintenance activity type on the order.

PeteA