Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial balance Currency Rate SAP B1

wojciech_wozniak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I have a question, do you know at what rate the SC to LC amounts are converted in the Trial Balance report.

I thought that these are calculations from the account balance but not ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wojciech,

The balance is indeed the sum of the transactions on the account for the period specified. However, there are various report criteria that can mix things up a bit.

If the period has gone through a period end there will be transaction that will only included if the options Opening or Closing Balances are included.

The query below can easily be adjusted for the dates and account you want to check. And I strongly advise analysing individual accounts to start with. In the query Opening and Closing Balances are not included (transtype -2 and -3).

select sum(debit)-sum(credit), sum(sysdeb)-sum(syscred)
from jdt1
where account = '11210000'
and refdate between '20120101' and '20120125'
and transtype not in (-2, -3)

I hope that helps,

Jesper

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ww123
Discoverer

ok, the reason is very simple.

Exchange rate differences are not made per project.. trial balance is checked in projects.

Therefore this difference.

Thank you for your help

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know!

wojciech_wozniak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I perfectly understand what you are describing.

Maybe I misspelled the problem, so I allow myself to attach a photo.

We have trial balance in SC

Below is the trial balance in LC

Later, the balance of the account.

LC is the same in trial balance and Account Balance (jdt1) however FC has a discrepancy.

Therefore, my question, at what rate the system converts it, because I was convinced that it should be the same as in JDT1

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wojciech,

There should be no conversion by default. AdnI will assume that the company are not using the Revaluation option in the report criteria (it is rare).

Look at one account for a very short date range, start looking at transaction level to see if you can see the logic. I find using SQL and then comparing the results with what I see in the GUI a lot clearer when I try to find a reason for these differences as I am fully in control of the parameters in the query.

select refdate, transtype, debit, credit, SYSDeb, SYSCred
from jdt1 
where refdate between '20120101' and '20120131' 
and account = '11210000'

I would bring it down to the least possible date range with a difference so that you get the least possible individual transactions to look at.

I hope that helps,

Jesper

wojciech_wozniak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the answer, but I mean exactly that the LC amount is the same as the account balance and the SC amount is different than the account balance.

So I do not know at what currency rate the system converts Trial balanc, since these amounts are different