cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating SQL Database SAP Partner Issues

rashantha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I am hoping that someone will chime in on this.

Our current charged us 16 hours to update a 10GB database from SAP B1 9.3 to 10. 

After I challenged the time billed to update the database they stated they spent 5 hours downloading and uploaded 10GB files via OneDrive!!!

As a SAP consultant is it standard practice to charge for OneDrive data transfer. Is the SAP Consultant watching the screen as OneDrive transfers the DB!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Johan_H
Active Contributor

Hi,

We have had to upload our 50GB - 100GB database to our SAP Partner or to SAP directly, on several occasions. We were never billed for time spent on uploading and downloading.

You should look at your contract, and see if it was mentioned that they may bill you for this time. If not, you should ask them for video proof that the consultant sat there and stared at the download bar the whole time. If they cannot or do not want to provide such proof, you can make a strong case that you should not have to pay the full work hour rate for time that was not spent actually working for you.

Please note that you are allowed to switch SAP Partners. If they insist that you pay, they do not sound very trustworthy, and you may want to consider finding another SAP Partner.

Regards,

Johan

Abdul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Commercials vary from company to company and it depends upon the agreement you have with your partner. 

I think the SAP community is not the right platform to discuss the commercials and billing, it is more about discussing issues related to SAP applications and related products.  

rashantha
Participant
I understand what you are saying. Where else can you talk about issues such as this. This is an integral part of the SAP ecosystem and all I want to know is the norm about file upload/downloads. As an IT consultant, even 20 years ago when file transfer was not easy we never charged for such things.