Financial Management Blogs by Members
Dive into a treasure trove of SAP financial management wisdom shared by a vibrant community of bloggers. Submit a blog post of your own to share knowledge.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhusap
Active Contributor

Purpose

The purpose of this document is to discuss about Terminate account request process being followed by one of our customers. This document's main intention is to explain the terminate account process being followed by one of our customers and to understand how terminate account request is handled by different customers and this can be achieved by collaborating with all consultants in GRC space.

Terminate Account - Requirements

For terminate account request,

Lock the user,

Update the user group to DELETE,

Change the Validity of the User to Previous day date and

Change the Valid To-date of all the roles also to Previous day date

Terminate Account - Configuration

Terminate Account - Request Type

Terminate Account - Configuration Parameter settings

Configuration Parameter - 2042 [Visibility of Valid from/valid to for profiles] value has been set as "3"

Value 3 allows approver to edit only Valid To date of the existing roles for the user.

Terminate Account - GRC request

First selected the user to terminate and included System Line Item with validity dates properly assigned for termination.

In Next step, I clicked on existing assignments and added all existing assignments to the request with provision action RETAIN and changed the validity dates for roles as per my User Validity and submitted the request.

Once this is done, my requirements for Terminate Account request type are properly working.

P.S: I want consultants from GRC space to collaborate with this document and suggest if the process being followed is proper and also to discuss about different ways of terminating a user account through GRC.

16 Comments
alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

we are following a similar approach on user termination.

1. Change validity period (Valid through date is set to last working day)

2. Change user group to NOVALID

All users are reviewed monthly and will be deleted after 90 days.

In most of the cases we don't set the valid date on role level as if a user terminates he anyhow cannot access the system anylonger.

Looking forward to get more valuable input.

Best regards,

Alessandro

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Approach mentioned by you is the one that used to be followed by my previous customers.

In my current project, along with valid to date change, they are also looking to change valid to dates for existing roles as per user valid to date.

I tested this scenario and is working fine.

Looking forward to get better approach or best approach preferred by lot of customers from experts out here.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I want to learn how to configure HR Trigger BRF Rules

Do you have some documentation, i have already downloaded SAP notes but i want some specific details if possible.

Thanks a lot.

Picho

mamoonr
Active Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Banzer,

We are following similar on user termination. i.e . Change validity period (Valid through date is set to last working day).

Due to some reason after approval valid through date is not being set in back end system.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Basawareddy

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basawareddy,

Are you using Change&Lock User action in your terminate account request type?

Regards,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the reply, I am using GRC 10.0 for delete account request with change option.

regards,

Basawareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I am following same steps as your's, but in system valid through date and roles end date is not updating.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Basawareddy M Gopsen

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basawareddy,

Requester needs to explicitly maintain the end date for System as well as to roles while raising the request. Then only it works. Also make sure you have run the sync jobs already so that existing assignments shows all roles assigned to user.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Yes, requester updated end dates manually for all roles and also in system line item.

Even though valid through date and roles end dates are not being updated in the backend system, but user id is getting locked.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Basawareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an issue in this topic.I have configured the same as above for the user termination request.However, User group is not getting updated.User is getting locked an roles VT dates are getting updated as mentioned in the request.

I suspect, my user source is ECC system itself and while submitting it gives a message that the user details are updated as per the source.

Can someone help me resolve this issue.

Regards,

Mohan kalla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is resolved now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan, could you please share how is your BRF+ rule configured? What else do i have to do after finishing BRF + creations update in MSMP? Do you have a decision table that you can share?

Thank you.

Picho

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi all ,

I want to know when we raise GRC request for role assignment what will be the date of role assignment .

1. Request raised date or Request approved date.

In my system it is showing role assignment date is request raised date

Can any one help can we change this or its default date of assignment

Sunil.
0 Kudos
Mohan,

Can you please update the message with steps that resolved this issue ?

Regards,
Raj
wilson_degressi
Explorer
0 Kudos
hello Madhu,

please is there a way to secure multiple users Deletion?

We use multiple user creation here, but there is a business requirement to not allow it for deletion.

thank you,