cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring RE Accrual engine

silvathais
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am configuring the RE accrual engine and have a few questions.

First, I’ll give some info about the requirement:

- Client will create Lease-in, service and insurance contracts

- Payments for more than one period are made in advance (deferrals)

- Lease-in contracts are valuated according to IFRS (main ledger) and German GAAP (non-leading ledger).

I have done all the customizing steps of consulting note 829676 and tested two contracts.

• First contract - valuation relevant:

silvathais_0-1709550735287.png

silvathais_1-1709550735293.png

1. TRCOCN stand for contract accrual and TRCORO for the object (in this case the cost center). Why does the system create two accrual objects in this case? It doesn’t seem correct to me since the payment of 20000 € is recognized twice.

I tried to deactivate the postings to accrual type TRCORO, but the accrual run doesn’t work by doing so.

Could someone explain if this is a correct behavior, and if yes, why is the object posting important?

2. Although the contract is valuated as per IFRS, accruals are posted only to HGB (non-leading ledger). As per note 2441863 it is the correct behavior, since German GAAP is the Acct. Principle assigned to the transfer posting valuation rule:

silvathais_2-1709550735294.png

That would mean that the no accrual objects are created for IFRS-valuated contracts.

Which effects does this have from an accounting perspective? Is there any way to extend this postings to IFRS as well?

• Second contract – non-valuation relevant

silvathais_3-1709550735298.png

3. Accrual run post accrual object to IFRS, which seems correct to me. I can observe that the Accrual transaction U is used instead of I. Could you give me feedback on this posting behavior as well? Are transactions C and F also necessary for deferrals?

In general, the client wants to post deferrals to both accounting principles. I suppose that is only possible using an BadI, right?

I’d also appreciate if you could give me some explanation on why accrual engine needs a start account and target account (that may differ from each other). There is SAP document with some accrual/deferral examples, but they are way much different than the posting results I achieved with the contracts above.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Thaís

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)