cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom MSMP Routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day experts.

I need some advise. We have 6 systems plugged into GRC and we are using MSMP Workflow for Access Requests. For new users, we have Path A for example.

I have now split 1 of these systems out with a BRF+ Rule, which would take a different path than the other 5.

So 5 Systems goes Path A (Working 100% fine) and 1 System goes Path B

We have a 3 way approval to this work flow. (1) Line Manager, (2) Role Owners, then (3) IT Managers. After these 3 approvals, I want the user to be created in SU01, (For this, I would split the Provisioning by system and not Global) and then I want the workflow to detour/route to a different/alternative path (Path C) which has to go to a different approver to do other tasks outside of the system. And only once this 4th approver, approves, notify the user of the new user creation.

I created a BRF+ Routing Rule and my MSMP Workflow is setup so that at the end of Path B : Stage 3, it should route to Path C : Stage 1. The Workflow is activated and I got no Errors.

When I test, Path B is picked up, I go through all 3 stages, the user is created in SU01, but the workflow is Closed. It doesn't pick up my Custom Created Routing Rule to continue the workflow to Path C : Stage 1.

Any Idea how I can fix this? The aim of Stage C is for the 4th approver to confirm that he has done his steps outside of the system and confirm that the workflow can now be closed. The reason for the split is because Approver 4 needs the user ID in SU01 before he can continue, therefore the auto provisioning already at the end of Path B : Stage 3 (I cannot setup to Provision at the end of a specific stage within a Path), therefore I setup Provisioning at end of Path and NOT at End of Request

Hope my explanation makes sense

any information or help would be appreciated.

I have a feeling that there is something wrong with my BRF+ Rule, but when I Simulate it, it works.

Thanks

Gerrit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alessandro

I appreciate your feedback.

I am not very familiar with BRF+, so I gave it a go to the best of my abilities. Maybe this is where I went wrong, Hopefully this is what you are referring to. Or are you referring to the MSMP Screenshots?

This is the routing rule I created. For This system, the routing rule should apply.

In the MSMP Workflow Config, at the end of stage 3, I want the routing rule to always kick in. See below screenshot of the Stages within the Path

Thank you very much and let me know if I can share some more information

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gerrit,

it would be very helpful if you share some detail of your custom routing rule. It's always difficult to tell where the error comes from when we do not know what you have done. Explanation is great, but sharing screenshots or coding would be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gerrit,

it would be very helpful if you share some detail of your custom routing rule. It's always difficult to tell where the error comes from when we do not know what you have done. Explanation is great, but sharing screenshots or coding would be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro