cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disclosure Management: meaning of flag 'internal data source' for Data Repository

cf2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Does anyone know the exact impact of flag 'Internal Data Source' as marked in the attached screenshot?

This flag comes up when definining a DataSource of type 'Disclosure Management' (Data Repository). In some sense the Data Repository is always internal, so what's the benefit?

My assumption: When checking out a document from DM Backend, one has to logon to DM again from within the Office-Client. The need to log on again seems unnecessary to me and I hoped that by setting the flag this would change. But the flag did not have this impact.

So any help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards, Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Defining Data Sources as External or Internal

You can define data sources as internal or external in SAP Disclosure Management in the SAP Disclosure Management Office Client under Manage Datasources. If you define a datasource as an internal datasource, linked data caches provided by this particular data source will be cached to increase performance during the content refresh process. Defining a datasource as internal, results in an important technical restriction: If a data source is declared internal, the corresponding data cache cannot be defined in another data source as external.

If you have defined the above mentioned scenario in the config20.xml file, the upload of the file will fail due to an existing data source inconsistency. The reason for this behavior is that an internal data source cannot exist twice at the same time using the same data cache. If it is required to use the same data cache for more than one data source, then those data sources must be declared as external. Only one data source can be defined as internal.

Source - SP09 Administration Guide

Answers (0)