cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U Water Device / Contract Management regarding limited consumption (not Disconnection)

NTeunckens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm trying to get my head around the Idea to implement some addition in our Utilities module.

We are looking into possibillities to register limitation of consumption volume in SAP ECC IS-U module administratively, with regards to customers who have been identified as having payment issues, yet they are not allowed to be disconnected (by regulation).

In such a case where we can't disconnect the Customer yet we have to limit the throughput of volume, there are all kinds of difficulties we must address, both on the location (physical hardware, device with the right characteristics) as well as in our ERP-System.

So at a medium-to-high level, what would be the Best Practice regarding :

• Impacted SAP Modules : IS-U Device Management + FI-CA?
  • Impacted or Enhanced SAP-Objects : Equipment (as Device), by adding new Classifications? Installation by adding Custom Inst.Facts? Customer Contracts? MeterReading Process adjustment?
  • Is there any information / SAP-Help / Best Practice regarding such Requirements?
  • Is there any Solution / Business Function that addresses such Requirement?
  • Customizing only, Custom Code (BAdI, FQEVENTS, ...) or both?

As we are in Research Phase, I'm looking for any hint on how to Configure such Requirements, or Solutions that can be provided within the SAP (ERP Utilities) Portfolio.

Thanks in advance

Nic T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member390826
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nic

The load limiters are precisely meant to do that. They allow only critical appliance to consume energy and not all appliances. For example a furnace can be allowed to use electricity during winter.

Regards

Rajiv

NTeunckens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forgive me, but I don't know what you are talking about when presenting "load limiters". I can't find much on the web on this either.

I guess this will be related to Customizing certain Profiles in EDM?

Is there any further information on the Set-Up in Customizing? Maybe a (still valid) link to Documentation or SAP-Help? I've read up on IS-U Profiles / Profile Types but I can't grasp the total concept yet in terms of Setting in up in the System ...

Any further help is appreciated.

Kind regards

Nic T.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nic,

I am not sure whether you have looked into the prepayment meters functionality.

Your requirement is quite aligned to the pre-payment meter subject.

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/UIndustry/Prepayment+Meter

You can go thru it to start with.

Thanks

Amlan

NTeunckens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, but ...

I have been looking into that and it doesn't seem to fit our (initial) Requirements.

We need a functionality or general Approach to allow 'regular' Consumption or Billing, not limiting the Consumption beforehand.

Only when there is a case of 'lack of Payment' we want to act. In a lot of Industries, the Service or Supply of Goods would be Terminated, however we are not allowed to Disconnect the Customer. Thus, we want to limit the Volume of Consumption untill Payment has been done ...

Rather than offering a Total Capacity for as long as there is Payment Credit (which is the Prepayment Approach I guess), we want to offer limited Volume of the Capacity without Disconnection. The hardware aspect to that would have to be handled via Smart Meters. But the Representation, Monitoring and Processes in SAP of these Actions is not clear. And I suppose there is no SAP-Standard Solution or Business Function that matches our Requirements?

Anyway, thank you for the suggestion, Amlan