cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 11.1 Script Logic Compatibility with Large Key Figure?

0 Kudos

Experts,

When enabling Large Key Figure (LKF) in BPC 11.1, the Model options note that doing so could result in some script logic incompatibility. See item #2 in the screenshot below:

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of which Script Logic statements/syntaxes are supported by the Normal key figure length, but not supported by LKF?

The Note (1829297) referenced in the screenshot above mentions that enabling LKF changes the calculation engine from JavaScript to ABAP, but but doesn't call out any specific regressions in script logic.

I also found a couple other Notes alluding to specific script logic regressions caused by LKF:

• 3090972 mentions the ternary operator !== breaks after enabling LKF (which is resolved in a subsequent Note)
  • 3057839 mentions LOOKUPs stop working until the % characters are removed from the lookup ID

However, I have yet to find a complete list of script logic regressions caused by enabling LKF.

Thank you!

Alex

View Entire Topic
former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there is no official list. You have to test your logic yourself in a test model.

" I don't believe you can write plain JavaScript within BPC script logic" - sometimes it's possible:

https://blogs.sap.com/2012/10/08/inline-rounding-in-rec-expression/

0 Kudos

Thank you, Vadim. That is very interesting to see the novel approach of embedding JavaScript within the EXPRESSION field.

Based on this blog, it sounds like enabling LKF would 1) prevent using the aforementioned JavaScript technique, and 2) also prevent using nested ternary operators (for now).

Otherwise, I assume all standard BPC script logic expressions would generally continue to be supported after LKF is enabled—otherwise SAP would surely have specified in the help documentation ☺—and it is only some very specific syntaxes within those expressions that need to be adjusted (like the two items I mentioned in my original post), but let me know if you've found anything to the contrary. In any case, we would of course test out any logic to confirm it works before using it in a Model with LKF.

Thanks!
Alex

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
alexander.b.white

Nested ternary operator can be sometimes replaced by multiple logic conditions in a single ternary operator for ABAP calc engine. Need to check (my original blog was written 10 years ago).