Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO88 and OKG8 Relationship?

OlgaSchwEcke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

My customer received an error message when executing CO88 for perios 01/2024 (production order settlement): "G/L account 500502 cannot be created as cost element...". (KQ119). 

OK. I found out, that Business Team changed the account type for 500502 some weeks ago, from N to P, because they started to post Result Analysis issues manually (this is an separate story). Apart from our recommendation not to change account types for accounts, that have been used for several years already...we wondered, why this account was fetched by the CO88 at all, as this relates to "Sales Percentage of Completion" - Postings and has nothing to do with settlement of production orders. 

Then, we found out, that CO88 is somehow linked to OKG8 transaction, where the posting rules for WIP and Result Analysis are maintained. This account 500502 is maintained in the line for RA Category POCI and POCS (Revenue in Excess of Billing and Revenue Surplus). So again I am wondering, why CO88 is interested in what account is maintained for POCI / POCS. However, I was able to solve the problem by replacing the account 500502 (type P) with new account 500503 (type P). But I don't understand why this is relevant for CO88. This is question No. 1. Any ideas? 

And furthermore, the production orders that were listed in the error message, are very old => from 2018. They were already settled in 2018. The only thing is, that they are "technically completed" and not "completed". So I suppose that CO88 checks all production orders that are ready have a settlement rule created and are not "completed", right? This is question No. 2 

This case is very curious somehow. 

Maybe someone can comment on this 🙂

Looking foward to your ideas!

Regards

Olga

By the way, what is the difference between "Labels" and "Question User Tags"? 🙂 

View Entire Topic
sumesh_gupta
Active Participant

Hello Olga,

For 1 Check in production order there is any cost element (which is used in production order posting) that is assigned to line id or RA cost element that is mapped to POCI/POCS WIP category, usually production order posting uses WIPR & one R*** .

For 2 you are right untill production order is marked with status CLSD/DLFL (before archive)/not for settlement it will picked by month end programs. better to automate this it will help to improve system performance in month end.

Regards,

Sumesh Gupta

OlgaSchwEcke
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Sumesh, thank you for your reply. For 1, do you mean checking for the account 500502 in OKG5? I checked for the RAKey, that is assigned for this production order, but I this account is not assigned in OKG5. In OKG8 this account was assigned to POCI/POCS, but I have replaced it with 500503. But where is the connection to CO88? RA Key is not part of OKG8. So I think, he checks the whole OKG8 accounts, whether he needs it or not finally?! Kind Regards, Olga
OlgaSchwEcke
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you also for your comment on 2! 🙂
sumesh_gupta
Active Participant

Hello Olga, For 1 , I mean to say In OKG8 POCI/POCS must be tagged in combination with some RA cost element category 31, Check to which line id that cost element mapped in OKG4, now in OKG5 check cost element mapped to this line id (now is there any cost elelemt that is used in your production order or not).

It may also possible settlement check all items in OKG8 (Check if RA cost element maintained against POCI/POCS or not).

Regards,

Sumesh Gupta 

OlgaSchwEcke
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sumesh, I checked in OKG8 for the Cost elelement assigned to RA Category POCI /POCS. It's cost element 931000. And yes, it's category 31 cost element. But then I looked for this cost element in OKG4, and there it's not there...what next 🙂