cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of Data Manager Package vs. Planning Sequence

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on BPC 10.1 Embedded.

I would like to run a Planning Sequence from a Data Manager package (DMP) or at least have similar experience.

The good things about BPC Classic Data Manager Package (DMP) are:

- While the DMP is running (some complicated DMPs take long time to run) users can switch to the EPM Input sheet or Report and continue with their work.

- DMP also gives the execution logs with timestamps and history

I see both the above features are missing in the Analysis For Office (AFO) when running a Planning Sequence.

> When running a Planning Sequence from an AFO it freezes the whole input / report sheet until the planning sequence execution is completed.

> Also we cannot check the execution logs. For ex. Which User ran which planning sequence and how long did it take to run, did it fail or succeed or ended with a warning

Are they any alternative ways to overcome this missing features in BPC Embedded ??

Thanks,

View Entire Topic
lucas_costa3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi you can check the BI - Planning logs using t-code SLG1 - Object BW-PLA.

0 Kudos

Lucas,

Yes, I'm aware of SLG1. However this transaction can only be accessed by the BW (technical) people and not the business user from the AFO excel front end in order to see the planning sequence execution logs done by them or their team mates. This is a very basic feature in BPC Classic EPM add-in.

If SAP can write a program to read the SLG1 logs and present it in the AFO excel add-in 'Planning' component, similar to "View Status" button in 'EPM Data Manager' add-in, that will be quite useful.

Thanks for the input anyway.

lucas_costa3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can write a very basic program to display logs calling function module APPL_LOG_DISPLAY

There are plenty of examples out there.