Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PaPM on HANA vs BW

xhcinar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm a controlling consultant, i want to know what are the diffrences between having PaPM in HANA or BW?

Please, let me know is there any topics or links on web.

View Entire Topic
emanuele_fumeo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi xhcinar,

talking about SAP PaPM on premise or private cloud edition, when you install SAP PaPM in a standalone configuration (i.e. on plain NetWeaver, not on S/4HANA or BW/4HANA), SAP PaPM is actually going to use the SAP BW embedded functionalities.

Therefore, there is no difference between PaPM on HANA vs BW.

In addition, if you install SAP PaPM on SAP BW/4HANA, the difference is that you can leverage both SAP PaPM and SAP BW/4HANA data warehousing capabilities on the same data which resides on the same SAP HANA.

Finally, SAP PaPM Cloud (the SaaS version of PaPM) is a totally different story since it is not based on SAP NetWeaver platform, and would require a separate answer.

Hope it helps. Feel free to comment again for more information.

Emanuele

xhcinar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Fumeo,
Thank you for quick response. Your answer is quite enough for me.
Have a nice healthy day.
Hüseyin.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am SAP FICO Consultant and I want to know whether PaPM falls under FICO consultants or its more from the BW side. I am asking from the configuration and Modelling perspective. Functionally FICO consultants can support but for configuration and Modelling, according to my understanding, BW consultants would be the right person to own and learn the PaPM right?

Ganadhish

emanuele_fumeo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ganadhish,

in short, I agree and I think that it is easier for people who are skilled with BW to get confident with SAP PaPM.

However, SAP PaPM is a business oriented solution with a simple and intuitive modelling interface. I personally believe that anyone who can work with Excel can also learn how to work with SAP PaPM. And if you are a FICO consultant, you have many advantages when it comes to getting the right data from ECC / S/4HANA, understanding the functional meaning of it, and also the general logics of allocations is quite the same (sender, receivers...), so even on the calculation side you might feel comfortable.

Hope it was helpful and you will give it a try.

Emanuele