cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4/HANA BC Set

JaneLa
Participant
0 Kudos

I am the lead for a centralized GRC 12 application (NOT on S4/HANA). We have 9 internal customers; 8 are on ECC and 1 is moving to S4/HANA. If I activate the S4/HANA BC set, it looks like it will overwrite the existing rule set (which I don't want because of the 8 customers who haven't yet deployed S4/HANA). This is critical because a number of current ECC transactions will no longer exist. If the S4/HANA rule set overwrites the existing ECC rule set, then many of the transactions that previously created risks will no longer do so.

Should we create a S4/HANA rule set for the 1 customer and keep the existing rule set for the 8 ECC customers?
If yes, should we activate the S4/HANA rule set in the 000 client, rename it (if possible) and then upload in our development client?

I would sincerely appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,

Jane Landreth

View Entire Topic
alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

the rules from the BC sets come for different connector groups. If you have the connector groups under control (for your different customers), than you should be able to analyze both with the same rule set. Assign the S4 customer system to the S4 connector group, and the others to the ECC. With that, the system picks the correct rule and runs the analysis accordingly.

Cheers, A

JaneLa
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. I really appreciate it!

I have a further question; do you assign the S4/HANA BC set to a connector group after you activate the BC set?

alessandr0
Active Contributor

No, the bc set comes with a standard connector group. When you activate, it basically fills your table (e.g. GRACFUNCACT) and provides the functions and its definitions for a connector group. If you go to transaction SCPR20, you can display the bc sets and see which tables it fills with what values.

Cheers, A