Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Risk Management integration with Oracle

hishamshahid27
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does SAP Risk Management has functionality to integrate with Oracle ERP? or is it possible to use it as a standalone solution without there being core SAP S4 HANA modules implemented?

I have not been able to obtain clarity from SAP documentation on aforementioned points.

Thanks

View Entire Topic
T_Frenehard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello hishams,

First of all, thank you for your question.

SAP Risk Management can indeed be implemented standalone, and does not require connection to other SAP S/4HANA capabilities.

Concerning direct integration with Oracle or other external data sources, SAP Risk Management can connect to these via External Web Services that can be used to implement automated Key Risk Indicators (KRI).

You will be able to find more information on this topic at the following section of the Help Portal: Using External Web Services | SAP Help Portal

I trust this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas

hishamshahid27
Explorer

Hi thomas.frenehard,

Thank you for your response. It indeed has provided clarity.

Can you also elaborate as to whether SAP Process Control can be used as standalone or integrated with Oracle.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Hisham

T_Frenehard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thank you, hishams, I am glad this could help.

The very same indeed applies also to SAP Process Control: it can be setup standalone - especially if you are only going to use manual controls, or can be integrated to SAP and non-SAP solutions for Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM).

For Continuous Control Monitoring of SAP ECC or SAP S/4HANA, you can even leverage the automated controls that are made available to customers and partners. For more information on this content and how to access it, I would suggest having a look at the following blog post: GRC Tuesdays: Fast Track Your Internal Control Project

For Continuous Control Monitoring of other source systems - including non-SAP such as Oracle in your present case, then I would suggest reviewing the dedicated documentation in the Help Portal: Using the External Partner Integration Subscenario

I trust this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas