Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Challenges while merging two BPC models

vsb1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My client want to merge two BPC model in order to create one model with ‘Single source of truth’. The two model we have are 1)Consolidation 2)Budget. The data entry mode for both the model is ‘Periodic’. To merge we just need to move ‘Cost Center’ dimension from Budget to Consolidation model.

I want to know what are the technical challenges I need to keep in mind while merging the two model.

We are on BPC 10.1 NW

Thanks,

Rahul

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Agreed that it might be incorrect with First member of the dimension, when added as new dimension. But, this will just be for consolidation data (Actual - category). They would not report based on cc (typically.. not a good idea to do in the current FY). Since, the transaction data from budget is brought through BW data load, it brings in right data set of Budget (different category) into Consolidation Model and doesn't require reassigning CC's. This is a suggestion. It requires testing to understand the data validation pain points.

Thank you

Regards,

Harsha

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If they don't want to report Consolidation by CC then all Consolidation data has to be moved to dedicated member CC_NONE - not to the first member of CC dimension.