cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AICC Wrapper not launching PDF inline (After H1-2023)

RAHUL_SINGH
Participant

Greetings!

This is related to AICC Wrapper whose behaviour is changed now after 2023H1 upgrade in validated LMS instance.

Basically, when we are launching an item with AICC Wrapper content hosted on external server (Document Management System- DMS), VLMS is showing a link to open in a new window.
This wasn't the case in prior release, we were able to see the document within AICC wrapper window.

On the other hand, the contents/PDFs stored in iContent are launching perfectly fine. But we need a solution for the above mentioned issue because all the PDFs are externally hosted and are used as SOPs in Pharma industry.

Can someone please share their experience if encountered the same scenario?

Any suggestions on how to cope up with this?

Best Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Marine
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

rahulsap1808 thank you for your reply, I understand Brian's comment to be specifically about the external links config he had shared as a workaround (though we clarified this will not impact the link seen in the content window) but not related to the launch behaviour.
boegersb if you would be so kind as to share a patch reference, or even send me your ticket number in private message I will review it to confirm my understanding.

Thanks,

Marine

Brian_Boegs
Contributor
PDF launching in new window looses access to the confirmation buttons.
Case ID: 1058648 / 2023
RAHUL_SINGH
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear @Marine , Can you please get some information from the incident no. shared by Brian - Case ID: 1058648 / 2023

Marine
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

With the Course Home General availability in 2023, there are some behaviour change related to content launch.
AICC content will only launch inline if it is hosted on SAP content server, if it is an external link then it will always launch in a new window. Our documentation team is working on clarifying the behaviour here Settings That Control Online Content in a Learning Item | SAP Help Portal

With regards to the link "If you are unable to scroll click here to open document link in a new window" this is not affected by any config change. But this message should only be displayed to Mobile device users and not desktop users. Our Product mgrs are currently reviewing this.

RAHUL_SINGH
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear marine.gestraud ,

Thank You for sharing the information.

I am just concerned about inline support for only iContent hosted contents (AICC Wrapper-PDF) because for almost all Validated clients, their SOPs are hosted on external document server.

Also on this chain, Brian had mentioned that SAP already fixed this one on 14th December in latest release, can you please share some information related to this as well.

Appreciate your help..

Thanks!!

Brian_Boegs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is "launch in a new window" checked or unchecked?

RAHUL_SINGH
Participant
0 Kudos

It is unchecked at content level which is associated to the item along with the following settings under Global Application Settings:

Display “Launch in a new Browser Window” option for content objects: YES

Default setting for launch mode when importing content: "Launch Inline"

Is there any bug fix identifier or patch number that I can refer to take confirmation from SAP?

Brian_Boegs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the response I got from SAP about this when I created a ticket. Supposedly this was fixed on Dec 14th.

FROM SAP.....

The issue reported is already fixed for the next release b2405. In the meantime, there's a workaround to be applied in order to make the buttons to work again.

Regarding the amount of screens and clicks, yes, this is the course home behavior.

Workaround:

1. Navigate to System Administration>
  2. Configuration>
  3. System Configuration>
  4. Edit WEB_SECURITY
  5. Set the following to False: enableInterstitialForExternalURL=false
RAHUL_SINGH
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks boegersb

However, enableInterstitialForExternalURL is already set to false by default and hence I could not find any difference. Can you pls confirm if there are additional config changes to be done as part of workaround to open PDF under AICC wrapper?