cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing Text Input Fields within Simulation is Not Wirkung

0 Kudos

Hello What could be the reason why Producer can not display Text Input fields correctly?

We recorded sap gui and activatet scripting Server sided and on Client side.

Set the Display Zoom to 100 % and restartet gui and producer but it is still Not capturing text fields correctly..... what Setting maybe could solve this Problem? Thanks in advance

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What recording profile is being used, have you checked or tried different ones?

Wallace

0 Kudos

hello I we recorded with the SAP signature theme profile so but unfortunatly It didn´t work that good I don´t understand it because in my demo system everything was fine and I used the same settings like the other Participants.

KristinaKunad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Katharina,

if Dirk has answered your question, please mark it as answered. If not please let us know.

Take care,

Kristina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

Katharina: Like Wallace says, this is most likely down to the Profile used. (Assuming the problem being that the captured Input Text is showing as random/garbled parameters.) If you are recording pure SAPGui, the SAP Signature Profile should be the correct one. What happens if you use Standard, instead? Also, watch out for the setting Authoring Settings > Recording Settings > Profile Change. SAP Enable Now will change the Profile if it detects an application change, and it's not always right. Keep an eye on the Profile shown in the Recording Bar and see if it is changing as you start recording.

For Scripting, I've seen some systems need this activating on the server, but others seem to be OK by default. Use transaction RZ11 and search for parameters with *script* in the title (e.g. sapgui/user_scripting). Then check the Current Value for them; it should be TRUE.

But you say you "used the same settings like the other Participants"? So there were other Authors in the same system, recording using the same settings? And you were able to record against a different system? For troubleshooting, always look at what is different between it working and it not working. If you can record in the same type of system with the same settings, then something is different in the system (probably scripting). If it works in the same system for some Authors but not for others, it is something different fort you (either your Enable Now set-up or the way you are recording - such as the profile).

I have seen some comments that the DPI settings can influence the text capture, but I've not seen this myself. It might be worth checking anyway. Make sure your Display Settings > Scale is set to 100%.

And just to check: You're using standard SAPGui, installed locally on your PC? (Not HTML Gui) You're not recording via VPN, or anything weird?

Answers (0)