Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading picklist for Region of Birth

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to populate the Region of Birth (State) based on Country of Birth (Country). I am using the standard picklist "State" and Parent as "Country".

I maintained State as Picklist in the Region of birth field in PersonInfo (BCUI), but still when I go to maintain values, once I select Country, I am not able to see State based on the selected Country and it populates all values.

Please help me how to correct this.

Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue resolved. In Country of birth, maintained as Picklist and Picklist value (Country).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't make any changes to Data Type and it is Standard. I just maintained the Type of Reference Object as "Picklist" and updated Picklist as "Country". Attached image for your reference.

Regards,

Srikanth

tpage
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth, it is not best practice to change the data type of standard fields as this can cause unexpected behaviour. The region of birth field has hard coded logic based on country. Please refer to this KBA 2599316 - Region of Birth Field becomes mandatory and Picklist for some Countries in Biographical In...

Please refer to the data object guide which provides information on the standard behaviour of the fields: Biographical Information | SAP Help Portal. The country of birth field is also data type COUNTRY as standard and not a picklist.

Please also review the CSF biographical information which is detailed in the country specifics guide: Implementing Localized Biographical Information | SAP Help Portal

Please refer to this KBA which provides guidance on best practice configuration: 2315202 - Employee Central - Data Model XML & UI - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

It is recommended to revert the fields back to standard to avoid any errors. If the customer needs to have country and region as parent and child picklists for countries in scope which are not supported by the hard coded logic then consider adding these as custom fields so that you do not impact on the hard coded logic.

Kind regards Tanya

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try filling the parent field for picklist with the respective country in the BCUI screenshot you have shared?