Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change start of the week from Monday to Sunday

Ale92
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. 

I have a question about change the first shift of the week from Monday mornign shifts starts in 6 o ´clock to Sunday night shift starst in 22:00 o´clock. 

According the Czech law, OFF days (day of the rest or publick holiday) starts according the shift which start in week as firts. 

In our company is firts shift Monday morning shift starts in 6 o´clock = publick holiday start in day of the publick holiday in the 6 o´clock in the moring until next day to 6 o´clock. That means employees does not go to work in this day.

Example:

Publick holiday is in calendar day 24.4.2024, Mornign shift, afternoon shift eather night shift does not go to work and has pay holiday in the salary. 

For the part of employee we need firts shift Sunday night shift started in 22 o´clock = publick holiday start day befor publick holiday in 22:00 o ´clock and ends in day of publick holiday in 22 o´clock.

Example:

Publick holiday is in the calendar day 24.4.2024. For night shift holiday start 23.4.2024 in 22:00 o´clock = employees does not go to work and has pay holiday in the salary. Morning and Afternoon shift has holiday in 24.4.2024 and does not go to work and has pay holiday in the salary. Night shift must go to work 24.4.2024 because for them this is regular shift. 

Change of the first shift of week basicly means that we need shift assing to day where ends not where starts.

Where and how we can set this? It is even possible?

I will be very glad for your comments and sollutions. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Alpesa1990
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @Ale92!

Yes, it's a common case in the companies with shifts.

You only need to create a work schedule plan with start time at 22:00 and end time at 06:00.

You may have to set up a category of holiday for previous day of the holidays and it use for night shift.

I hope you find it useful!