cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Standard labels in success factors LMS

atharav
Discoverer
0 Kudos

What Impact it will have if I change the standard curricula/curricular labels to qualification ? How it will impact the system and rest of the activities ? What issue will arise as there would be already labels named qualification ? How will one be able to distinguish between standard qualification labels that were already in the system and the new changed labels whom we turned into qualification ? Does SAP recommends doing such changes in the system ?

atharav
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I also Had doubt regarding whenever there will be an H2/H1 yearly changes coming up will it over write our label changes ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JohannD
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

As Marc has commented in the previous message, label can be changed in LMS, however, as a practice I do not recommend to my customers to change labels with such a massive impact in the system as "Curricula". So, even that is technically possible, I would not recommend making that change.

Johann

MarcL
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only answer from a customer perspective, but we have a ton of custom translations and label changing done in our system and till now there were no issues. We mostly change sentences or wording that are misleading in our lanuguage (bad translation) or if we have internal wording. But we did never chnage the "big words" like Items, Curriula, Program and so on. I guess this is possible, but a lot of work to do (as there will be a lot of labels top change) and to check after each update. Normally, SAP will not overwrite custom lables - only when they would change their own wording like some year ago from Schedules Offerings to Classes.

Regarding the available lables named qualification: That could be misleading when they are also shown to the useres, so it would make sence to also rename them in the system to have you wording.

We only had some overwritten lables in plattform, when they changed the design of the SF homepage. But these labels where not directly in LMS.

Cheers,
Marc