cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do all SCORM "packages" need to be loaded as a Content Package or just SCORM 2004

heidirobinson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there, i have been doing a ton of research on SCORM content as we are having issues with a lot of e-learning at the moment. The thing I am still not clear on is if SCORM content should be uploaded as a content object or a content package or if there are different rules depending on the SCORM version.

I found this link and the title suggests ALL SCORM but the detail only mentions 2004

Then I found this info which says you "CAN" add a package ID. But then for 2004 ENSURE you do:

If you’re importing only one content package, you can enter a value in the Content Package ID box to create a unique ID for the package that you want to import.

Note

For SCORM 2004 content, ensure that you insert a Content Package ID. This is mandatory due to the sequencing rules.

What should we be doing? Can 1.2 be loaded as a content object or a package - what is the difference in functionality between the two?

Should 2004 only be a package and why is it different from loading 1.2?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisStiles
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you upload SCORM content via the LMS Admin UI, a content object will be created. This is mandatory for SCORM 2004. For SCORM 1.2, Content Packages are recommended, but not necessary. This makes mass migrating SCORM 1.2 much easier.

ChrisStiles
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert