Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective date data change public profile

marko_crvenkov_94
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like that "change effective from date" is requested only for Position details change and job details changes. It doesnt matter on what date the employee relocated somewhere else... how do i set this up? And second question, Which permissions are to be set up to create a time keeper role(an employee that can request time off types on behalf of other employee)?

Thank You in advance,

Marko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not quite clear what field you are referring to. Are you basically referring to the effective date field in position or jobinfo or another portlet (if so the ask is not particularly clear because that will always be a mandatory field and it will always take the day of today as starting point).

If you are referring to a more generic date field that needs to get updated, it depends a bit. Fields like position entry date have very specific rules by which they are filled (you may want to check the manual on help.sap.com on it as it's nearly a book of its own). Custom date fields can of course be updated by business rules, for which you determine the logic yourself.

marko_crvenkov_94
Participant
0 Kudos

so, It annoys me that If I want to change my address in people cannot profile when I go on the pen the system asks me "On which date this change is effective" 1st. Same for the employees, they should not have this step where date of change is not relevant at all , only for Position it is relevant.

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately address info is an effective dated portlet, this cannot be changed. In many countries it is quite important to know as of when actually (i.e. in the Netherlands the date when that happens helps determine when the travel allowance should be changed). The only way around it would be creating a custom portlet for address details and getting rid of the standard address info portlet.