cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I amend an Active Directory username on an active employee?

JohnDelaney
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the world of SuccessFactors and I'm looking for guidance on what may be a simple fix. Hopefully!

We have 2 new hires that have been set up on SuccessFactors Employee Central.
After we set them up we were notified by our IT Support Team that the details they submitted to us had a typo in the name, and therefore the Active Directory usernaes for both are incorrect and don't allow access to the system vis SSO.

Is there a way to amend the existing data? (like "Amend Employee" instead of "Add New Employee")
Or is our only option now to delete / close the exisiting records and add two new records with the correct details?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Kind regards,
John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Khushboo
Explorer

Hi,

You can try to change the user name using Basic import with correct user data. Below links can be used for more details-:

Current user data can be downloaded from 'Employee export' which can be used in Basic import template.

Employee Data Import Process | SAP Help Portal

In case, users are 'Inactive' one additional setting needs to be enabled- 2618227 - Update Username of an Inactive User by Doing a Basic User Import (sap.com)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well it depends a bit on what is being sent to them. If username changes, in the user data file (that should normally be a portlet too), it is possible to adjust the username if that has been configured as such (else it can always be a done via an import), but the bigger question is whether, what and how active directory receives updates. The standard point to point integration normally picks up that change.