cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMS Skype LMS settings - connection error

dmak
Participant
0 Kudos

When I entered the skype account and password for an instructor (instructor record, VLS Settings tab) and click use existing account, apply change, LMS is returning an error: The user account could not be created on the Skype VLS server. Please try again later or note the error and contact your VLS administrator. VLS Error: Problem connecting to the VLS server

I have verified Skype link in the VLS configuration is responsive and the skype account entered in the VLS settings tab for the instructor is being used on Skype in the same company network, the account is active and working.

In VLS configuration, we only have the Skype link, I don't see any login password listed because every user in the company has their own skype account. is this the correct way to configure Skype VLS? Are there any documentations for setting up Skype VLS in LMS (and also Webex, we use Webex as well and Webex VLS is also not working)? How can we resolve the connection error?

We have vleEnabled=true in LMS_ADMIN

Romanin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi dmak0, I hope you are doing well.

To understand and to try to help you with this, let me Know one detail...

It`s only functional this integration type if the Skype/Lync is type of on premise, it`s means that if you are trying to use the Skype/Lync on the cloud it won`t work.

Can you confirm the Skype Installation please?

For more knowledge about this, please check this KBA >> 2434215 - Learning: How to integrate Skype/Lync with LMS - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

I hope this helps
Regards
Daniel Romanin

dmak
Participant
0 Kudos

Skype is on premise.

Romanin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi dmak0, I lost the thread, sorry...

Well, I have read your incident in the support portal and I noticed that is in Follow Up.

I don`t have any comments about to help you in this case but I`m curious about the resolution.

I`d like to ask you a favor to post here the Solution provided.

Thanks

Daniel Romanin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)