Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure basis amount located under Set Bonus Calculations option

Ritanshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi 

I have doubt related to Configure basis amount located under Set Bonus Calculations option. We have selected. option 3 :- Point in Time Calculation with effective date as 31/12. Since client need most recent record for the EE salary.  simultaneously, they would like the imported data in employee history since there are few bonus plan for which records against salary needs changes/modified. Currently, post import in EHD salaries are getting zero.

Is there is any other option wherein most recent salary should be considered and at the same time import functionality against EHD works.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Ritanshi

@xavierlegarrec 

Ritanshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Xavier for sending the solution.

However, the solution you showed in the recording will be useful when we need custom salary to be uploaded against all employees.Here in my case for few employees we need salaries to be fetched from EC and for some EE group it will be edited/import using employee history option. which is nullifying and making it zero in salalry column upon upload. since configure basis amount has been selected as Point in time due to requirement that only latest salary should be considered, and target percent should not be the latest as on 31/12.

Any suggestion!

Thanks for all help @xavierlegarrec 

Ritanshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi @Ritanshi 

we can use both the import from EC and the CSV import of data at the same time as long Bonus Plan eligibility rules are built as non-EC.

If we simply edit records we got from EC employee history job (as per my recording previously shared) then we don't have to use non-EC bonus plan eligibility rules (we can edit records while keeping their EC status) but if we want to import records that are brand new (=didn't get created through the EC job).

Also we can only retrieve one or the other when using Point in Time (we can only retrieve Salary as of 12/31 and not Bonus Target %).

Finally we can now get data from MDF objects.

With all this information I don't understand where your limitation lies unfortunately,

Thank you

Xavier

Ritanshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Screenshot 2024-01-31 194444.pngThanks @xavierlegarrec  Xavier, You rightly said we are having non EC rules and not MDF rules. I have already made settings for Point in Time calculation which is working absolutely fine. My issue comes when im trying to upload the attached file wherein we have salary and target percentage. upon importing the employee history, the value is coming as zero against target amount field. Attached the screenshot for ref.

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@Ritanshi 

You can use Point int Time and have people edit the employee history by using the method shown in this recording (different business requirement, same solution)

https://youtu.be/sKXpfbhIbi8

from 

https://community.sap.com/t5/human-capital-management-blogs-by-sap/removing-assignment-proration-in-...

Just make sure to rerun bonus calculation afterwards to make sure the Basis field is recalculated correctly.

All the best

Xavier

Please share a kudo if you found the answer useful