Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Now Producer - Book Page Editor - Line Options

andrewpickstone
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I wanted to check that I'm not missing something obvious, but there doesn't appear to be an option to change shape line styles to be dashed.

Additionally, the connector tool doesn't seem to have the option to draw an angled connector, such as a connector with a 90-degree angle.

Thanks,

Andrew

View Entire Topic
DirkManuel
Active Contributor

Dashed lines: No you cannot - infuriatingly! There is a Customer Influence Request asking for this, but it has not been selected for implementation - go vote for it. @SAP: PLEASE give us this!

Angled connector: Yes you can. Shift-drag the end of the connector and it will extend it at right-angles (always right-angles; you cannot go at an angle). And for your next question, Alt+click on the end of a segment to delete it.

andrewpickstone
Explorer

Thanks for the help Dirk 🙂

It's so frustrating that your Improvement Request from 2020 was marked as "Not planned". The book page functionality really does need extending with these additional basic editing features.

Maggy
Participant
0 Kudos

HeyDirk, can you add the link to this influence request? I will vote!

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, here you go: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/256737.

It currently has only 12 votes, has a Status of Not Planned and a Decision of Out of Scope. Which I think is wrong. Maybe we need a pressure-campaign! 😉

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Seems SAP rejected it? so its to create a new similar improvement? Or *somehow) ask them to look again?

Not PlannedSubmitted on: Oct 28, 2020Changed on:

Jun 15, 2021

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew and Dirk,

Yes the current decision is not to focus on Book Page functionality, at present, given that there are so many other priorities. The workaround for this one would be to create the line you require in PPT and copy and paste it onto your Book Page. That will do the trick.

Regards
Shane