Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify newly created employee in Successfactors- Employee Central

getnikhilk
Employee
Employee

Hello Experts,

When a new employee is created in Successfactors - Employee central, i am looking for fields which will help me to identify whether employee is newly created.

I am reading data from CPI to get newly created employees in Employee Central. I am running the interface every 30 mins.

Also there could be employees which are just created in EC and some non key data is changed. I even want to read such newly created and changed employee data too. Any inputs will be of great help. Thanks in advance.

For Changed employee information, i can recognize it through 'Lastchangedon' field in Successfactors-Employee central.

Regards,

Nikhil

View Entire Topic
shreyashrangrej
Participant

There are a few options you can use to identify newly created employees in SuccessFactors Employee Central:

1. Use the "Created On" field: Each employee record in Employee Central has a "Created On" field, which indicates the date and time when the employee record was created. You can use this field to identify newly created employees by filtering for records that have a "Created On" date within the past 30 minutes (assuming you are running your interface every 30 minutes).
  2. Use the "Hire Date" field: If an employee is newly hired, their hire date will be set to the current date. You can use this field to identify newly hired employees by filtering for records that have a "Hire Date" within the past 30 minutes.
  3. Use the "Employment Status" field: Each employee record in Employee Central has an "Employment Status" field, which indicates the current employment status of the employee (e.g. "Active", "Terminated", etc.). If an employee is newly created, their employment status will typically be set to "Prospective" or "New Hire". You can use this field to identify newly created employees by filtering for records that have an "Employment Status" of "Prospective" or "New Hire".

It's important to note that these fields may not always be available or accurate, depending on the specifics of your implementation and data synchronization processes. You may need to use a combination of these fields, or explore other options, in order to identify newly created employees in Employee Central.

getnikhilk
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks Shreyash.