cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send an automatic email to new joiner at first day

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have country specific business requirement - we need to send an email to new joiner at first working day which will have all country tax related information. This email should not go when candidate is in onboarding stage, email will go to candidate at his/her first working day. And it should be automatic. Can anyone please share your insight or knowledge on this? Your input is really appreciated 🙂

Thanks,

Akanksha

esinanya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Akanksha.

Could you please let us know whether you were able to resolve the issue by creating a custom workflow/alert? We have a similar requirement where we need to send a welcome email to a specific group of employees only on their first day. We are curious to know if business tiles can be used to achieve this objective.

Many thanks,

Sinan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Please follow below base object and parameter and save your rule at SaveAlert trigger event and it will work

Base object - Job Information

Parameter - Alert

Thanks,

Akanksha

Gi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello - we dont have EC- is there a workaround to set up rules for automated email for new hires where i can include their EMPL ID and other related information with attachments? I know it can pull EMPL ID and Manager from People Profile.

Our typical welcome email is sent manually to new hire and I copy HRBP and Manager with some information like when their goal setting is due and I include attachments. We would like to automate this process.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Dear Sinan,

Yes - I was able to complete this successfully. Let me try to help you here with steps -

Step 1 - Config workflow for recipients under CC role type - Role and CC role as Self (follow this if recipients are employee)

Step 2 - Config alert message as required

Step 3 - Config business rule with base object Job information with parameter Alert and add your filter as required under If and add your alert workflow, alert message and alert effective date as today under Then

Step 4 - Save your business rule under job info with trigger event SaveAlert

Hope it help you 🙂

Thanks,

Akanksha

Udi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Akanksha,

could you please elaborate how you did this from job Info?

can you share a screenshot of the rule?

i have done the same based on hire date from employment details but this isnt working for me.

thanks!

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from that the onboarding module is more accomodated for this, let's assume EC for now.
What if you just put an alert on either Employment Info or Job info for the 1st working day as the date that it should trigger? Wouldn't that do the trick for you?

0 Kudos

Appreciate your response Jasper 🙂

So is it also need integration center to run the job or we can use through workflow and business rule and add the business rule at trigger event onalert under employment details? would you mind to share the solution in brief please?

nlgro023
Active Contributor

There are various ways to execute it, but I doubt that a comment here can cover that.
So initially I was just thinking of a savealert rule on job info that uses effective date = hire date and event = hire as criteria on job info in manage business configuration
Then for the details a message of your preference, trigger the usual one, putting on the flag so it doesn't go off multiple times and in terms of when it would be the hire date (which in essence is the effective date as well, so you can play around with that).

Integration center is also an option with either intelligent services to some object that will have a business rule to trigger an alert or you could have a regular integration center job that filters for certain hire dates, but I wouldn't see why the option without integration center wouldn't work just fine.