cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update profile picture initials background colour?

Stephen_Blather
Participant
0 Kudos

When a user doesn't have a profile picture their profile displays their initials instead which defaults to blue.

Stephen_Blather_0-1696894844228.png

How do I update the colour to be on brand?

View Entire Topic
Purnima
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI @Stephen_Blather 

Thanks for the question. The background color for Avatar is not themeable. However, it defaults to neutral gray and not blue. Could you please open a ticket with details of your instance so we can determine the root cause. We are not able to reproduce this in our dev and test environments.

Thanks,

Purnima

Stephen_Blather
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks @Purnima I have raised a ticket.
mauricioschuman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Purnima,

I was able to reproduce on my demo.

Even when disabling Horizon Theme, the blue color changes slightly, but not to gray.

mauricioschuman_0-1697935227173.png

dannyser
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
@mauricioschuman I'll reach out to you directly for the reproduction and case details, the blue is not expected under Horizon.
Stephen_Blather
Participant
0 Kudos
@Purnima and @mariocioschuman, according to customer support blue is the expected behaviour.
Stephen_Blather
Participant
0 Kudos

Stephen_Blather_0-1698030809151.png

dannyser
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
@Stephen_Blather we checked the code and confirmed the 2H 2023 Release is applying the intended gray background defined by the Horizon design. The blue color was used by the previous theming generation but was also incorrectly applied on the 1H 2023 version, whether Horizon was enabled or not. We hope that you’ll find the new styling more compatible with your branding. Thanks, Dan
Stephen_Blather
Participant
0 Kudos
@dannyser, thanks I've just seen the grey in the preview instance and it fits nicely with our branding.