cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit permissions to see fields in Manage Data - EC

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has workarounds to limit permissions for "Manage Data" feature. What I mean is to setup a custom configuration that when opening Manage Data, you only see such granted fields (for example, legal entity, division,etc). Any information is useful and appreciated. Can you help me?

Thanks

Pedro

View Entire Topic
Latyshenko2
Active Participant

Virginie and Nathan provided the main solution.

If the solution does not work for you, use the workaround: access Pay Groups through another MDF object.

For example, 1) you create a custom MDF object of type User with a field of type Generic Object referenced to Pay Group; 2) assign this custom object to a particular user so that the user sees it through his/her People Profile; 3) on the custom object, the user can select existing Pay Groups and modify them, also, if the user has Create permission for Pay Group object, there is the plus (+) button next to the Pay Group field and it could be used to create new Pay Groups.

Normally, the workaround is used as a quick way to reach the data. I do recommend to use the workaround only as an addition to Manage Data.

Hi Vladimir,

I am already working on it!

Thank you for your clear explication and great idea.

Pedro

Hi again Vladimir 🙂

Regarding the permissions, how is this managed? we grant permissions to this new custom MDF object. but should we maintain the permission to manage data?

Thanks

Pedro

Latyshenko2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Permission on the people profile block, permission on the custom object, and permission on the MDF objects in question (e.g. Pay Group).

Also, if this is your first custom-MDF-object block on the people profile, you can add it as a tile on the homepage with use of deeplink /sf/liveprofile#blockView/mdfBlock/[the MDF Screen ID]. It would look as a separate tool)))