cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Employee Time Account Balances

Barry_Wallace
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a customer going live soon on Business ByDesign.  Is it possible to migrate employee leave balances for Time Accounts?  I'm looking at the Time and Labor Management migration template, but it's not really clear whether this template can be used to migrate open balances for employees.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Barry

View Entire Topic
saulo_moura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

Hope you're doing well!

We analyzed our internal system, searching for an option to Migrate the time account balances using the migration tool, hwoever currently this option is not available at the SAP Business ByDesign.

We also evaluated the usage of a web service to achieve your requirement, however the Time Account Balances is not available for neither of the features.

The Web Service related to this object is "Query Time Account Balances". Please check the following documentation:

https://help.sap.com/doc/a2b4c7ef61d64397b2b1d052082a8a08/2402/en-US/PSM_ISI_R_II_TIMX_TIME_ACCT_INF...

At the moment, we were not able to find any service to supply this requirement. We would suggest you to access our SAP Customer Influence site, where you can suggest this feature, and also check other product enhancement ideas that are considered for future system releases.

The link to the influence portal is the following:

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/886

Kind Regards,

Saulo.

Support Consultant, SAP Product Support

Barry_Wallace
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saulo,
Thanks for looking into this and for the detailed explanation.  I'm honestly surprised that SAP has not provided a way to upload beginning Time Account Balances to use during Go-live.  Fortunately, one of our developers has already created an Excel template that I can upload using File Input in Application and User Management, so I have a backup solution.

Thanks again,

Barry