Modify VLE notifications

smulligan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently, our users receive the following notifications for VLE classes:

1. A VLS/VLE Confirmation of Enrolment for each day
  2. A VLS/VLE VCAL notification for each day
  3. A SystemEnrollmentNotification notification – only one and the corresponding VCALs are not sending

Is there a way to configure the VLS/VLE Confirmation of Enrolment such that only one sends for the class, rather than one per day of the class?

Kind regards,

Susan

JoClarkson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Did you have any luck working this out? Or reducing the number of emails the user receives?

We are just setting up VLS for the first time and I'm updating the email notifications. I've found the same issue where someone that is registered on the class gets more emails than they need.

My assumption for the confirmation emails is that the email trigger is based on the time slot and not the class so the loop sections don't stop multiple emails for different slots / days.

I'd be keen to hear how you've gone with the notifications.

Thanks,

Jo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

smulligan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

For VLS classes we turn off all notifications, as these all pertain to the non-VLE notifications. We were told by SAP that the VLE notifications were either enabled or disabled, we can't change the way they are sent out so what is sent is:

1. A VLS/VLE Confirmation of Enrolment for each day
  2. A VLS/VLE VCAL notification for each day

It's usually not a problem as most of our classes are a day or two but for the week-long sessions participants are flooded with emails and it's not a great user experience.

Relatedly, I have submitted an improvement request around VLE notifications if you want to vote. Or if you have one I'll vote for it.

Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com)

Kind regards,
Susan