Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualtrics & Sf LMS Integration Best Practice & Experiences

Bumin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, 

We are considering the integration of Qualtrics with Sf LMS. However, there are quite a few questions that we are seeking answers and would like to have your advice on best practices and experience.

Below are some questions: 

1. Can Qualtrics be integrated for both Kirkpatrick Level 1 (Course Evaluation) and Level 3 (Follow-up surveys)?

2. Can we implement different Kirkpatrick Level 1 (Course Evaluation) for courses of different modality i.e. 1 for in-person & 1 for e-learning contents? If so, what are the pre-requisites?

3. Can we choose whether to implement the surveys at Item level? I.e. some courses require survey while others do not.

4. I'm not sure if I read correctly, but it seems Qualtrics integration can be configured such that the integration is done either from SF LMS end or Qualtrics end. Is there benefits and/ or drawbacks of choosing either method?

SAP SuccessFactors Learning 

View Entire Topic
BrandyPelzel
Active Participant

You can add Level 1 and Level 3 surveys directly in the LMS without a Qualtrics integration. You can choose which Items you would like to have a survey. In each Item, click on the Surveys tab. The first option called Course Feedback Survey: User Satisfaction is for the Level 1 survey. The last option called Follow-up Survey: Application of Learning is for the Level 3 survey. 

The surveys would need to be set up before they can be added to each Item. They can be created in Content > Surveys. There are also PDF reports specific to each type of survey that visual the results and show all comments. 

Bumin
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @BrandyPelzel, thank you very much for sharing. I have used the Level 1 & 3 survey that comes with SF LMS organically. However, there are some functional areas that we find not fitting for our needs and we are hoping to implement L1 & 3 through Qualtrics instead.
BrandyPelzel
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Bumin, I'm curious about the functionality you are looking for with the surveys? Is it for more dashboard capabilities or some other reason? Also, is it possible to use L3 & L3 surveys in Qualtrics automatically? The impression I had is that the integration was for more generic surveys that would be on the Learning page itself asking about overall course opportunities, system navigation, etc.
Bumin
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @BrandyPelzel, the dashboard capability is one and also the fact that the Sf survey function has several quirks like mandatory "NA" field for all questions, only sending to participants who have received the completed grade (sometimes, it's more important to find out why are people not passing the course) etc. As to whether it is possible to implement L3 via Qualtrics is something I am keen to find out as well. I will post an update here is I get new insights from other sources.