cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP People Analytics Advanced vs SAC WFA ?

franciscopol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to get my head around the latest news from SAP regarding People Analytics Advanced (report+WFA) since this is SAC embedded in SF Report Center what would be the difference with SAC using WFA? Is a replacement? Are there differences? If a customer with WFA license has People Analytics Advanced, is it any advantage then implementing SAC with SF WFA?

I've seen with SAC we can import from multiple sources, so is People Analytics Advanced just SAP with a connector to SF WFA skipping any connections to other systems?

I haven't seen a clear road map explaining what will happen in the SF landscape but it seems that eventually ORD, adhoc reports, dashboards, etc will be replaced by People Analytics (why not if it is more powerful)..... But from the customer perspective, if we want to implement WFA in our SF, should we just go for the People Analytics Advanced or (if they are different) go for a SAC implementation with WFA connector?

Cheers,

Francisco

View Entire Topic
mikehoekstra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Good question. I'll lay it out this way--there are two main components to a WFA implementation:

1. WFA OLAP Cube: Transactional data is transformed into metrics and dimensions.

2. Analysis tools: Today this is Query Designer, Investigate, Metrics Pages. In the future, this will be SAC tools embedded into SuccessFactors.

Components 1 and 2 above will be called "People Analytics, advanced edition" and is the evolution of WFA with SAC tools (and other enhancements).

You can't technically implement WFA in SAC standalone, although you could use a connector to pull your WFA/Advanced Edition metrics and dimensions into SAC.

Should a customer pull their WFA/Advanced Edition metrics into SAC? There certainly could be value to bring all of your enterprise data, including HR, into a single enterprise analytics platform.

Note that you can also pull your SuccessFactors transnational data directly into SAC as well.

Hope that helps!

Mike