Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Job relationship from position to Job

Sruthi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to sync job relationship type from Position to Job relationship.

The standard types are synced automatically by enabling "Synchronization" configuration in position management setting.

However, is there any way to sync custom relationship type.

Thanks

ADILSONBENNY
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sruthi,

Please check this rules exists for this process in Business Rules Configuration,

maybe it do not works for one or more condictions not accept in there.

Best Regards,

Adilson Benevides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adilson,

Thanks for the input.Could you please say the name/screenshot of BusinessRule.

Thanks

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear sruthivijay27,

Custom relationships works in the same way as the standard ones but you need to make sure that the External Code of the custom values in both picklists, PositionMatrixRelationshipType and jobRelType, are exactly the same, otherwise it will not work.

I hope this helps!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

Sruthi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply.

Custom relationship types(though maintained in PositionMatrixRelationshipType and jobRelType picklist) are not synced from position matrix relationship to Job relationship.

Only below mentioned standard types are synced:

1. HR Manager
  2. Second Manager
  3. Matrix Manager
  4. Additional Manager
  5. Custom Manager

So to sync the custom types, I'm looking for alternate way.

Please suggest if there are any.

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear sruthivijay27,

The custom relationships works in the same way as the standard so probably your set up is wrong. Can you past here the screenshots of your picklists? How are you testing, by changing one relationship of the position and checking the employee? Can you also share a screenshot of your position management settings > Syncronization page?

Thanks,

Karen Perez

Sruthi
Explorer
0 Kudos

positionmatrxirelationshiptype.pngjobreltype.png

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much !

Attached the picklist and synchronization page.

Yes, I'm testing it by adding matrix relationship type in position and checking in employee job relationship.

Thanks

Sruthi
Explorer
0 Kudos
syncronization.png

Synchronization screenshot

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear sruthivijay27,

Can you share the picklists screenshots, that is probably where the issue is.

Thanks,

Karen Perez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karen,

Please find the attchment positionmatrxirelationshiptype.pngjobreltype.png

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Sruthi,

There is the problem. In one picklist the external code is matrix manager1 and in the other it is matrix managerI

Please use the same external code in both picklist otherwise it will not work.

Thank you.

Karen Perez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karen,

I corrected the external code , still the matrix managerI is not syncing from position to job relationship, when added in position.

Thankspositionmatrix.pngjobrel.png

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear sruthivijayakumar,

Please make sure that you don't have the matrix relationships on the sync Pos2Job rule. Is this the case?

We don't need and we should not add this sync in the rule because the system syncs it as per the position management settings.

Thanks,

Karen Perez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karen ,

We do not use position to job sync or any business rule to sync the matrix relationship.only Synchronize Position Matrix Relationships to Job Relationships of Incumbents is set as "Always".

Thanks

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear sruthivijayakumar,

Can you please contact me offline so we can try to have a offline conversation on your problem?

Thanks,

Karen Perez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen ,

Thank you so much!.

I'm unable to send message to you as I can send message only for those who follow me in Community page.Please let me know the possible way to connect.

Also, there is an update from testing, If we use custom non-unique external code for custom relationship type in both the picklist both picklists – PositionMatricRelationshipType and jobRelType then the sync is working .

I used "Matrix manager" as non-unique external code in both relationship type "matrix manager" and "matrix managerI".

So if we use same non-unique code in more than one relationship type it will not sync as mentioned in KBA 2393506 - Multiple Matrix Managers in Position Management

Thanks

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi sruthivijayakumar,

We cannot use a standard value in a custom picklist value external code. Please change it to something else, but as said, in both picklists, the external code of the custom value must be the same like: next manager

About the contact, if you have an email address associated to your account here, you can send me direct messages.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

Sruthi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Karen

karenperez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear sruthivijay27,

Is it working now?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karen Perez

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that I know. You'll notice in the business rule that you can't navigate to job relationship if I'm not mistaken.